Thursday, July 11, 2013

Weddings, Baby Cheeks and Rambling...

Hey y'all!
After that super long post yesterday I am going to keep it short and simple today! As y'all know my passion is photography and here lately I have been blessed to book quite a few shoots. A few weeks ago I told y'all about shooting my first wedding as the primary photographer, read that post here. Well today I am going to share a few more pictures from that day and a sweet newborn shoot. There are also some things I need some advice on, any input welcome!
     ^one of Lauren's that I love, she did such a great job!
I am so obsessed with this one. As we were leaving I saw this heart lock and just had to have a picture of it even though we were in a hurry. Lauren had the great idea to put the rings on the door handle so we made them hold on for one more minute and I am so glad because it is one of my favorite pictures ever! I love working with Lauren, I think we should just be an official team!
 
This past Sunday I got to spend the day with my sweet nephew Branson taking his newborn pictures! This was the first full-out newborn session I have done and I loved it. I definitely think that I want newborns to be my main focus as I continue on my photography adventure. Yes it takes a long time due to fussiness and all the other truly amazing things that come with a newborn but my favorite part is when that little baby starts to fuss you get to pick them up and hold them close until they settle down. Now if that isn't just the best "job perk" ever then I don't know what is! Here are a few of little baby B's shoot.
Those little cheeks, be still my heart!!!
 
More to come! Now on to what I am struggling with. Several people have asked me if I had a Facebook page or website and my friends/family keep telling me I need to make one, I am not so sure. I just don't feel like I am there yet. I know it will help generate business but I have a hard time calling myself a professional with my lack of training and experience. Looking at these pictures that I worked on for so long there are so many things that could have been done better. I know everyone starts somewhere, I guess I am just weary about coming off as cocky or like I am trying to rip people off. This is just something I guess I will have to continue to pray on until I figure out my next step! (& I am seriously not fishing for compliments just want some opinions on what y'all think. Am I overthinking this or do you think there are certain dues you have to pay before taking that step?)
Well that's it for today, Stop back by tomorrow for the Five On Friday!
 
 
 
 


10 comments:

  1. I love your pictures :) I vote for the Facebook page!
    I think any photographer out there, no matter how much experience they have gets better with each picture and experience. With the Facebook page, you'll reach more people and gain the experience you're looking for :)

    P.S. I accept any offer to be an official team :P I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks bestie :) We've got another one Sep 14th!

      Delete
  2. You are so talented!! I wish you lived near me so that you could take my baby's pictures! She's the perfect little model :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much! That really does mean a lot to me! I looked at your blog this morning and OMG she is the perfect little model! She is precious, I wish I lived near you too so I could get my hands on her!

      Delete
  3. Hi, I just wanted to compliment your work! Off to a great start, I think :)

    ReplyDelete