Monday, July 15, 2013

Weekend Shenanigans: Dixie Chicks Style?!?

Happy Monday y'all! Normally I follow that sentence with a "Mondays suck blah blah blah" kind of remark but today I really mean it. After such an amazing weekend this really is a Happy Monday! Today I will be sharing my Weekend Shenanigans with a link-up that I did a while back with Sami over at Sami's Shenanigans . 

Sami's Shenanigans
 
Friday night I went to the gender reveal party I mentioned in my Five On Friday post. I love any excuse to spend time with my family, all of my cousins are like brothers/sisters to me! I will post pictures later but all I will say for now is that my team won! I am sooo excited to meet this sweet little girl!! {I made some edits to the previous post for privacy reasons}
 
 
This weekend my in-laws were out of town and were sweet enough to let us borrow their boat! Now if you are reading this and you live in Georgia, well the South in general, you will know that it has been non-stop raining this Summer. As Lauren said "this is pretty much the suckiest Summer ever!". Saturday morning not only was it overcast with showers every now and then but it was cold y'all! {Hence the Dixie Chicks "Cold Day In July" reference. Yes I know that song is about a relationship but just focus on the title..mmk!}
{yes that is a hoodie and a long-sleeve button up, ridiculous. You're drunk Georgia}
 
Sunday the weather was even worse, we spent the majority of the time hiding out in the cabin to avoid getting soaked! But we were bound and determined not to let the nasty weather bring us down. I am so glad we didn't because we had a blast! The rest of this post will be mainly pictures because well, they just speak for themselves! And I know that if y'all read Lauren's blog Peach State Of Mind you've probably seen most of these pictures and heard this story but we are besties so deal with it! I hope y'all have a good week!
 


{our attempt at the LOVE pic hah}
{a little pda, sorry 'bout it}
 
{my hunky hubs hanging out}
{I love this picture of my 2 favorites}
{lots of bestie pix}
{these 2 being all cute on their 1 year engagement anniversary}
{Lauren being sassy singing some Pistol Annie's to Cody}
{look what we found in the trailer hitch, cute!!}
{Look at my little Lake Pup he was loving swimming! Well either he was loving swimming or he thought he had to rescue us when we jumped in. Regardless, it was cute!}
{a couple selfies!}
{our guys fishing}
{I absolutely love this picture Lauren took of our boys braving the rain while we kept dry in the cabin. This pretty much sums up their friendship!}
We did have a little glimpse of blue skies, just enough to get a little color on our cheeks!
 
There is nothing like seeing pictures of yourself in a bathing suit to make you realize it is time to get serious about losing some weight! It is not going to be easy but I know if I set my mind to it I can get back to where I used to be. I just have to stop making excuses, married life didn't make me fat, my love of food made me fat! I really think it will be easier this go round because Cody, Lauren & Paul are all going to join the gym too, no one likes working out alone! Y'all go link-up to share about your weekend!!!
 
 
 
 




1 comment:

  1. "You're drunk Georgia."
    BAHAHAHAHA.
    Ain't that the dang truth.

    I love that picture of you with Cody. Y'all look adorable! I look like I consumed too many beverages. Sassy me apparently likes to sing real loud.

    Kiss, Kiss ;)

    ReplyDelete