Wednesday, September 4, 2013

This Should Be Fun...

***I have no idea why this post didn't publish yesterday, so here it is a day late***
Good morning blog world! I hope everyone had a FABULOUS holiday weekend! Mine was filled with a whole lot of nothing. Me & the hubs laid around all weekend. We relaxed, watched football & I caught up on editing, it was fabulous. I know you are probably wondering what happened to my big football party plans, well they didn't happen. Our guests ended up totally using us as a free hotel so they could go to the braves game. They got to our house Friday about midnight, we got up Saturday went to breakfast then they left for the game about 4, got back after midnight, got up at 9 Sunday and left. To be honest I really wasn't mad I just kind of wish they wouldn't have presented it as they were coming to spend time with us when they really just wanted to go to the game. So there's that.
 
Moving on! Lately I have been struggling with my posts on here, I feel like I am just rambling instead of really writing interesting posts. And if I don't write a rambling post I go a week without posting so this morning when I found a month long link up I knew it was something I wanted to try! Jenni over at Story Of My Life is hosting a link-up called Blogtember where she will give you a different topic to write about each day.

Today's topic is: Describe where or what you come from. The people, the places, and/or the factors that make up who you are.

This one is really easy for me because I pretty much come from the best place in the world! At least I think so.. To quote Luke Bryan, "Down where I was born was heaven on earth
Where Flint River washes that red Georgia dirt
The sun sets slow and the stars shine bright" (I crossed out Flint River b/c technically that's in South Georgia and as you can see from my little heart I am from about as far North GA as you can get!)

Rabun County to me is a modern day Mayberry. Everybody knows everybody, God is the center of everything and you will never feel lonely because everywhere you go you see 5 people you know/ are related to! And of course it is breathtakingly beautiful, from the mountains to the lakes and the millions of stars you can see every night it is like a dream.
 
After my parents got divorced and the hospital closed we had to move. At the time I didn't see it as a big deal because I was only in second grade but it didn't take me long to figure out how much I loved home. We moved to Buford which compared to Atlanta isn't a "big city" but compared to my little town of Tiger I might as well have been in New York City! I hated it. From the very beginning until the day I graduated high school I hated it. We always went back home every weekend for church and lunch at my Mamaws but I always said as soon as I could I would move back. After my Mom died my need to be home was even stronger. The day my Mom died my cousin Chad told me that if I wanted to move in with him after I graduated he would be more than happy to have me, so that was my plan. I went up there every weekend and sometimes 2-3 days during the school week. I honestly didn't feel whole unless I was there. So on the last day of my senior year I packed my Integra as full as I could and I moved back home. It was so difficult leaving my little sister with my Dad but for me that situation had gone from bad to terrible and it wasn't healthy for me or her for me to be there. It was the best decision of my life, with the emptiness I felt losing my Mom I really needed to be there surrounded by family and positivity. Those few years changed my life, I grew immensely closer to God, formed even stronger bonds with my family and learned just how much like my Momma I really was.
 
When Paul & I got married we moved back to Flowery Branch (an hour from home) of course I would love to still live up there but he fills that void! Maybe one day we can move back up there, the only thing stopping us is the lack of jobs for him. My friend (who was my wedding photographer) & I have talked about opening a studio together up there so that would really be a dream come true. Plus I really want to raise my kids there!

Well that is the story of where I come from! There are so many magical things about it that I could go on for days but for the sake of this post already being too long I am going to stop. But I will leave you with a picture that gives you a tiny little glimpse of just how beautiful it is "where I come from".
{it's also my favorite wedding picture}


6 comments:

  1. Aww love this & the wedding picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm do Blogtember too!
    Question: how do you put the button on your post? It's not working for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just click on my button and it will take you to the original Blogtember post. Scroll down until you see the button. Under the button is a little box with that code. Copy all of the code. Go back to your page and go to where you are typing your post and look in the top left hand corner above your text box. Beside the word compose there is a tab that says HTML. Click on that, scroll to the bottom and Paste the code right there. When you publish your post the button will be there! Hope this helps!

      Delete
  3. That photo is gorgeous! I still live very close to home - after moving to southern California for 5 years. There really is no place like home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes home is definitely where the heart is!

      Delete