Friday, September 27, 2013

The Lazy Five On Friday

Normally I have this post planned out and drafted by Friday but as y'all can tell blogging has not been my focus this week. I have been ridiculously busy! So today I am getting lazy with my Five and just posting pictures from everything that has been going on lately. Some are through my photography others were just snapped at family functions.

1} I did a session last night for the cutest family ever! We had big plans with lots of props but ended up having to rush to beat the rain. And baby girl had a melt down and she was beyond done. But we managed to get some really great shots. Excuse the poor quality/color imbalance, I am at work and had to take them off my Facebook.

Seriously, how beautiful is she! Those eyelashes are to die for! It was actually her brother Conner's birthday so I bought a few mini cupcakes for him. He was so excited he ate all four when no one was looking hahaha.
 
2} These are a couple from the wedding I did last weekend. It poured rain ALL day right up until the very minute the ceremony started. The couple already had a wedding at the beach they just wanted to do something with their families back home. Again these are off Facebook so are all kinds of distorted,sorry.

 
3} I did a pregnancy announcement for the sweetest couple I know! They are so sweet to be around, you can just feel the love! Random fact: Brittany & Travis are avid hunters. Not too long ago Brittany killed a huge bear! That's my kind of woman!


 
4} A favorite from an engagement session a couple weeks back.
 
5} And these are just a few from my cousin's softball game the other night. I love how you can see the fence a  little in some of them.


 
6} I am cheating and doing 6 because I almost forgot my blogger feature! Today's blogger is Katelyn at Imperfect Perfection. Katelyn is also an aspiring photographer and she has incredible talent! We have really bonded over photography and similar experiences over the past few months. I always love to see an email from her in my inbox! She is already a pretty popular blogger but if you haven't already, go check her out!
 
So there it is my lazy Five Six On Friday. As far as the pictures go, I am still learning. I see a million things wrong with these but I am trying to improve. I actually had a situation where someone in my family {married in, not blood, if that counts for anything} who completely tore me down this past week. Pretty much saying in no way shape or form was I a real photographer because I don't have a degree. She said some really ugly things but that is not the point here. My point is I never claim to be anything I am not. I have never misled anyone to thinking that I have any kind of professional certification, this is just something I have always been passionate about. The things she said really didn't hurt my feelings but it did motivate me. Hopefully one day I will get the opportunity to go back to school get certified and shove that piece of paper in her face! Rant over.
 
Have a good weekend y'all!
 
 
 
 
 
 

8 comments:

  1. Ummm tell that family member that they need to shut it!! Some of the best photographers I know do not have a degree or certification! It's raw, pure talent! I think you are doing a fabulous job! :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I had some words for her but I didn't get as trashy as she did lol.

      Delete
  2. Someone never taught her if you have nothing nice to say then Shut Up!! :) I think these are lovely, have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your pictures are great and I love that you are taking the high road and using this as motivation! You go girl!! Photography takes natural talent and you definitely have that. Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful! The shot of the baby girl is gorgeous. I also loved how you arranged the wedding rings on the back of the dress. I've never seen that before!

    ReplyDelete