Friday, September 20, 2013

Five On Friday

oh I just love these little guys
 
Hey there Friday, how you doin'! I am really running out of catchy ways to introduce the Five On Friday link-up so BAM here ya go. 
 
1} I know I said this yesterday but I want to think all of y'all again for your kind, encouraging words on this post. You have no idea how much I appreciate your advice and I am so blessed to have so many people to lean on here in blog land! I have decided for now we are just going to relax, delete the ovulation app, have fun & enjoy being husband & wife! Letting go & letting God!
 
2} Sunday is this sassy little woman's 88th birthday! I am so blessed to have my Mamaw in my life, she is a 4'7, 85 lb. fireball! My whole family is getting together at her house for lunch and it is sure to be a great time. There are about 30 of us and it is always crazy when we all get together!
for example crazy photoshoots like this happen. This is my cousin Heather, she is HILARIOUS.
Amongst all the craziness priceless memories like these are made. I am telling y'all, my Mamaws house is my happy place, it is home.
 
3} I know everyone is sick of hearing about Fall because that is all anyone is talking about. But come on people it is the best time of the year! I know everyone loves the PSL from Starbucks but seriously Dunkin Donuts is where its at. Iced Vanilla Pumpkin Latte Lite, so much yum! I have already burned through my first Leaves (aka Fall Heaven) candle from Bath & Body Works and I need to get my hands on another one asap! Is it a coincidence that I just so happened to run out right when they are having a 2 for $22 sale? I think not. Well played B&BW, well played.  
4} If you read last weeks Five you saw that it was my fuzzy Hubs' birthday! I attempted to throw him a surprise party and it kinda sorta worked out. He didn't know it was happening but no one was at the door when he walked in (I was cooking and didn't hear the phone call to let me know he was home) so he didn't get the whole jump out & yell surprise, greeting. But he is 25 not 5 so it wasn't a big deal! He still had a great time & huge thanks to all our friends & family who made it possible. It was one of those nights where you are having too much fun to waste time taking pictures so I only have a couple and they are not that great. But oh well!
 
Hubs loves The Avengers and sugar cookies so I had these made instead of cake!

 
Taking a swing at his big boy piñata. It was filled with mini plastic liquor bottles and full size candy bars.

 
Who knew the piñata doubled as a party hat, looking good Cody!
 
5} Today's featured blogger is Miranda at Life In The Lowcountry! Miranda is another blogger who I have formed a friendship with over the past few months. From pet peeves to racy books we have so much in common! She also has a BEAUTIFUL little girl and I love to see her pictures of her! It is so comforting to know if I ever need someone to talk to Miranda will be there (and vise versa). She is also hosting an awesome giveaway, all you Southern gals need to check it out!
 
{Miranda, I stole your new about me}
 
 


4 comments:

  1. Aww have fun with your family!! I miss my Granny & all the family get togethers we all had at her home!! LOVE Leaves scent!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Memaww is the cutest and she looks fabulous!! I too am super duper excited for fall.. it really is the best time of year:) Found your blog from Courtney over at Eric & Courtney. New follower! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to your Mamaw! She is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girly I think the best thing for you to do is just enjoy being married! Life has a funny way of making plans. I am sure it will come at just the right moment. xoxo

    ReplyDelete