Friday, February 14, 2014

Five On Friday: XO

Happy Valentines Day y'all!

 I have to admit I am not a huge Valentines Day person. I am not a total scrooge it's just one of the holidays I can take or leave. I am very blessed to have a husband who shows me how much I mean to him year round and hopefully he feels the same way! That being said, I won't be mad if I get the new Eric Church cd today ;).

To be honest I look forward to the Valentines Days when our babies are old enough to enjoy it. My Mom had a way of making holidays so special for us even the little ones like Valentines. She would always let us pick out a new shirt or dress to wear, buy us a small gift and help us make valentines for our class at school. Those memories mean so much to me and I hope to make the same kind with my kids!


As usual I am linking up with the Five on Friday ladies today! I will be throwing in a few pictures from a styled V-day shoot we did last year. Funny story, we got that shoot for free because a fellow photographer friend needed "models" to advertise her V-day mini sessions so we wore what she asked us too, explaining Paul's out of character fedora and my red lipstick lol. He hates these pictures because of that hat!


1} #TeamTeddy: When I heard about Teddy I couldn't escape the aching in my heart. I have always had a huge soft spot for kids especially those with diseases/special needs. But I guess expecting my own child has made that soft spot grow x100. I can not imagine looking at my sweet baby knowing that I only had a few years with them. Knowing that I would not get to see them experience their first day of school or possibly even their 5th birthday all because of a disease. Teddy is a little boy who has been diagnosed with a terminal disease called Menkes Disease or "Kinky Hair Syndrome" and although there is very little hope for Teddy, his parents desperately want parents to be aware that if it is caught early enough there is a treatment plan. As I read Teddy's Story  my heart broke for his family and parents but I also came to admire their strength. I can not even begin to imagine what it would feel like to look at my baby knowing that each day could be his last but I do believe that God can work miracles. So today I am sending extra love & prayers up for this precious boy and his family!

* I have seen lots of posts all over social media listing all the things people love about their significant others so I thought I would jump on board!



2} First and foremost I love how much he loves our daughter! She isn't even here yet and he makes it so apparent how much he loves her. Every single day {as many times as I will let him} he lays his head on my stomach and tells her how much he loves her and how excited he is to meet her. And he never leaves without telling both of us how much he loves us. I always heard that your love for your husband grows even stronger when you have children and I can already say my love for him has grown tremendously in the past 5 months and I am sure it will only continue to grow!

3} He would go to the end of this world to provide for our family. Since we have been together he has worked jobs that kept us apart {due to travel}, jobs that were pretty much physical torture on him {he broke his back and had back surgery in high school} and one that he just really hated {we will just leave it at it involved goats} all to provide for our family. I am so thankful to have a hard working man that will do whatever it takes to provide for his family. The song "Loved By A Workin Man" by Pistol Annies was totally playing in my head the whole time I wrote this one.

4} He loves me. This one may seem like a cop-out but it really is the most important. Loving someone and have them love you back is truly the best feeling in the world. {I know that was on a movie but I can't remember which one} He loves me despite my flaws, hormonal outbursts and newfound stretch marks. The way he looks at me makes me feel like the most beautiful woman in the world, it amazes me that he doesn't even see the 126 flaws that I see when I look at myself! I love how much he loves me!


5} No matter how many times I have asked, he will still dress up in uncomfortable clothes and funny hats for the sake of a photo shoot all because he knows I love them. Sure he may complain and may not smile in every single one but deep down I think he loves it!


Well there you have it, my mushy gushy Valentines post!

17 comments:

  1. OMG these pictures are so stinkin cute! Love that you got them for free, and you rock that red lip! I usually think these themed photo shoots are cheesy but these are gorgeous! You guys look great and she did a wonderful job!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! She does a great job and this shoot was so much fun!

      Delete
  2. Love those pictures in the collage (last ones)! I want that dresssss!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ma'am! Those candy hearts kinda hurt lol and it's from H&M last year but I saw the other day they still have it (or one very similar!)

      Delete
  3. Cute pics, love them!!! Happy V-day!

    wordsaboutwaverly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. so glad i found you through the link up! love your list...y'all are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love love! Such a sweet post. And I'm totally digging the red lipstick on you! Happy <3 Day!!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I've never been brave enough to wear it so that was definitely different for me!

      Delete
  6. Love all these pics! They're really beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE these pictures! Makes me want to pre-plan a V-Day session for us next year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They were so much fun definitely one of my favorite shoots we've done!

      Delete
  8. oh my gahhhh these pictures!! I love all of them! Especially the little hearts with your wedding rings :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh... you two are the CUTEST!! These pictures are killing me!
    We didn't do anything for Mia last year, she wasn't even 2 months! And even though she didn't understand it this year, it was SO fun to get her a little gift and let her eat chocolate! It's definitely WAY funner with kids!
    My heart breaks for Teddy and family!! Praying!!

    ReplyDelete