Wednesday, May 28, 2014

37 Week Bumpdate!

Hey y'all! I am going to try my best and do these weekly now since we never know how many more weeks I actually have!!!
\
I took this picture with my tripod in her nursery today and I am kinda obsessed with it. I seriously sit like this and just stare at my belly all the time! I am absolutely overwhelmed with how much I love this sweet girl already.
 
Baby Size: A winter melon?
 
Weight Gain: I think just 1 lb since last week but I did go after lunch so idk how accurate that is. But we will go with it and say 15lbs.
 
Maternity Clothes: Pants yes, most shirts are still regular. My maternity jeans are starting to get uncomfortable because I have this one crazy deep stretch mark that rubs right against the band.
 
Stretch Marks: Oh yes, see above. There is at least two of these bad boys that are here for good.
 
Belly Button In or Out: In but flat
 
Sleep: I wake up at 1 a.m., 3 a.m. and 5 a.m. to go to he bathroom pretty much right on schedule every night.
 
Best Moment This Week: Major to-do list progress! Plus I totally have to brag on my hubby for rolling with a major preggo diva moment when I decided I hated the color of the crib and dresser and needed him to take them apart again and repaint them both. In my defense he said he wasn't crazy about the color we chose either and he had just bragged on me the night before for being super laid back this whole pregnancy. So in my opinion every preggo is entitled to at least one diva moment!

 
Worst Moment This Week: Well, due to the high blood pressure I had to carry around a jug on Monday (which was not only Memorial Day but also my birthday!) and pee in it. Sorry if that is TMI but this is real life folks. ANDDD I had to work half a day so I had to keep a cooler in the bathroom with my jug of pee. Real fun y'all, realll fun!
 
Miss Anything?: My feet being a normal size..

 
Craving: Sweet tea & guacamole! And now since I have been told to drastically cut back on my sodium, naturally I want everything deep fried and covered in cheese dip.

 
Queasy or sick?: Nope!
 
Labor Signs: Pretty sure I woke up to a few Braxton Hicks the other night..
 
Symptoms: Back pain, pelvic pressure and ginormous swollen feet.
 
Looking Forward To: Meeting baby girl in a few weeks!
 
Mood: So exhausted but mostly happy. Even though I was a nervous wreck with all of this high blood pressure talk and pee jugs..
 
Movement:  Oh yes she is still a rockin! And the only good thing about my bp being up is that they now put me into this recliner, hook up a monitor and let me listen to her heartbeat while tracking her movements. But little miss has been SERIOUSLY stubborn and rocking out right up until she gets hooked up to the monitor and then going to sleep. So today I had to sit there, drink juice and get my belly shook to try and wake her up! (They just want to make sure the bp isn't affecting her) But that is seriously the most relaxing sound ever!

Doctors Appointments: I went back last Friday to get my bp checked again and it was still high and my feet were still huge. Good news is my labs were great with no signs of preeclampsia! But they did give me the aforementioned jug to pee in for 24 hours to do more tests. Then I went back today and my blood pressure had shot up again (which I partially blame on the fact that I had really worked myself up into a nervous wreck). They hooked me up to the monitor again, she was still fine. My labs still looked good so the doctor pretty much concluded that I am trying to do too much and eating too much sodium. She pretty much told me if I didn't slow down and rest, she was going to put me on bed rest. So I am watching what I am eating, putting my feet up and trying to relax. Which is super hard for me because I have so much I need to do! So hopefully when I go back Friday, my bp and my swelling will be normal and I won't have to go the bed rest route!

13 comments:

  1. So impressed you took that picture with a tripod! Love it! And bless your heart about the jug, hope you can avoid the dreaded preeclampsia! Prayers for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! So far my labs have shown no sign of preeclampsia, heres hoping it stays that way!

      Delete
  2. That picture is beautiful, love it! You are so close now!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you girl! I've had bp issues in the past (and I wasn't pregnant) and can totally tell that I work myself up and stress myself out when I have to go get checked. I hope you can rest a little and bring it down! You are going to be such a great mom!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes it is definitely no fun and makes you do the opposite of relax! Thank you so much, I sure hope so!

      Delete
  4. Oh I hope you don't have to go on bedrest! Take it easy mama!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's such a great picture! She will be here before you know it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! It is seriously crazy to think it could be any day!!

      Delete
  6. Loving your picture! Can I say that enough!?! Stay healthy mama! Anything you need please let me know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I really like it too! I will definitely let you know!

      Delete
  7. ASHLEY! You did a great job with that picture! sooo prettyyyyyy!

    ReplyDelete