Thursday, May 8, 2014

Baby Shower #2!

Last weekend I was so incredibly blessed to be thrown another baby shower. This one was for my side of the family which is absolutely huge. I grew up being extremely close to most of my extended family. So while most people don't even know their 3rd or 4th cousins, I grew up seeing mine every single weekend! We are so blessed to still have my Mamaw {great grandmother} and on any occasion you can find anywhere up to 40 people packed into her tiny house. So it was no surprise when the guest list for this baby shower exceeded 60 people, more than 90% of that being family. It was however a surprise when most of those people showed up! The shower was given by my sister, two of my cousins and a very close family friend at one of my favorite places in the world, my Mamaw's. It was absolutely beautiful and I was so blown away by all the people that came to celebrate our sweet girl! She got spoiled rotten for sure and we received some of the most thoughtful gifts that I will cherish forever!
I am so obsessed with this monogram canvas made by one of the incredible hostess'!
Miss Nora sure is getting out there!
I loved the picket fence and grass. And that punch was incredible!
 
All the yummies..
They had put up a clothes line and hung these precious monogram onesies and charms on it.
 
My sister {who I call Little} was in charge of activities. She seriously could not have come up with anything more perfect.

She bought Nora her first Bible {complete with a note that had me boo-hooing} and had everyone highlight their favorite verses as guidelines for our girl! Nora is so blessed to have such a Godly young woman as her Aunt. 
She also had fabric squares for everyone to write messages to Nora on. Now my Nanny is going to take all of the squares and sew them into a quilt for baby girl! I know we will both treasure these sweet gifts forever!
How adorable is this bucket?! Those little pink moccasins are the sweetest shoes I have ever seen!
So unbelievably grateful...
Please excuse my crying face but this is one of those meaningful gifts I was talking about. My Great Aunt is an incredible seamstress and when I got married she altered all of the bridesmaids dresses. She saved the scraps and made this precious blanket out of them for Nora. She also made a tutu and headband from the material she had leftover from making my veil. I can't get over how thoughtful these gifts were!
Very excited about my diaper bag from my co-workers who also happed to be my cousins. Told ya, big family!
Another handmade blanket!
My little Southern girl already has an impressive collection of monograms!
A very very special quilt handmade by my Nanny!

We made an exception to the "girls only" rule for a couple of cuties!
Me & my beautiful Little {& Tiny, as she calls Nora}
The amazing hostess'. I have no idea what is up with the haze on this picture.
My beautiful Mamaw, who is also one of Nora's namesakes! 
The most incredible grandmother in the world!

As you can tell we were very spoiled! I am so thankful that my little girl already has so many people that love her so much!
 
 


3 comments:

  1. SUCH a beautiful shower!!! Love picket fence/grass idea. The blanket, ahh! So precious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spy some baby moccasins in that gift basket! I am obsessed with those things!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy you had such a wonderful shower. What a spoiled little girl you already have! :)

    ReplyDelete