Thursday, May 1, 2014

32-33 Week Bumpdate

   
  Baby Size: I have never heard of a durian fruit in my life.. But I feel like she is huge! I can pretty much always see a part of her sticking out and sometimes she turns sideways which makes me look like I swallowed a football!

Weight Gain: Up two pounds at my last appointment.


Maternity Clothes: All bottoms are either maternity or yoga pants. Maternity shirts are just awkward on me so still normal shirts.


Stretch Marks: Like you wouldn't believe..



Belly Button In or Out: Technically it is in but its pretty much flat and occasionally gets a little puckered lol.
 

Sleep: Up every 2 hours to pee which I am used to by now. Around 4 a.m. every day I wake up with a lot of pain and pressure in my lower stomach. It is mostly from the strain of my belly from being on my side all night but I also tore a ligament a week or so ago which just adds to the pain. The pillows help most of the night but the only way to make it stop hurting is to get up so that's no fun.


Best Moment This Week: Our first baby shower and Easter with the family!
 
Worst Moment This Week: Definitely the pain from tearing the ligament. I did it by trying to turn over while I was sleeping. That sounds so crazy but anyone that has been pregnant knows you can't just flop over like you normally do using your stomach muscles, that it is best to sit up and turn. So now it hurts like crazy when I lay down so that is no fun.
 
Miss Anything?: My clothes.
 
Craving: Sweet tea & guacamole!


Queasy or sick?: Nope
 
Symptoms: Soreness and now my feet swell if I am on them all day.
 
Looking Forward To: My second shower this weekend!
 
Mood: Tired but so happy! Although yesterday I found myself having a moment of sadness thinking about not being pregnant anymore. I know we still have several weeks and I am so excited to meet our little lady. But I have loved having her right here with me, feeling her every move and I just know I will miss it.
 
Movement: She is so active and I love it! Although I don't love it so much when she finds my ribs, pretty sure she bruised a couple last week.
 
Doctors Appointments: Our regular doctor appointment went great, everything is still perfect! I did have a not so great visit with a cardiologist though. Due to my Mom's condition my doctors wanted me to have some simple tests done on my heart in the third trimester. Nothing serious, just a precaution. Even though they know that her specific condition is not hereditary they just wanted to make sure my ticker was perfectly healthy for everyone's peace of mind. So Friday I had an appointment to get an Echocardiogram and a couple other tests. Well I get there and the nurses come in, do an EKG, ask me a few questions and leave. 50 minutes later the doctor FINALLY comes in. Let me just tell you, you think those tables are uncomfortable normally, try sitting on them for almost an hour, pregnant. It was so uncomfortable and I literally watched my feet swell up from dangling there (there was no normal chair that I could sit on until he got there). Right away he starts asking me why I am there, I am thinking that he should have a whole chart telling him this but I still go into the whole spiel. Long story short he proceeds to pretty much tell me that he has no idea why I am there if I was not having any real issues, that "everything they taught him in DOCTOR school said that the condition was not hereditary and that even if it was it was a moot point because I was already pregnant." and yes he actually said that. I explained to him several times that I was not the one who made the appointment that my doctors did as a precaution even though we all knew it was not hereditary and they wanted me to have these tests. So he gets up, says well you can see if they can fit you in for an Echo today (what I was supposedly already scheduled for) if not you can just come back whenever and if you want to you can come back 3 months post delivery and we will do another one. Then he adds, you did have some abnormalities on the EKG but that was probably because they laid you flat on your back to do the test and when you're pregnant the pressure from being on your back can cause those abnormalities so I am just not going to worry about it. Then he was gone, no tests or anything. Needless to say I was pretty annoyed by his rudeness and will be telling my OB when I go this week that if he wants me to have those tests he can send me somewhere else because I am not dealing with that jerk again!

2 comments: