Friday, May 9, 2014

Five On Friday!

As always, happy Friday y'all! After a jam packed weekend last week I wish I could say I was looking forward to a relaxing weekend but I am afraid it is going to be another busy one! I am doing pictures for a wedding I booked before I got pregnant. I just hope my feet and back can handle it! I was the second shooter for a wedding this past weekend and completely overdid it. It left me feeling crappy and exhausted. To be honest I still don't feel like I have completely recuperated. But tomorrow's wedding is very short with very few people so I should be fine!

Grab button for FIVE ON FRIDAY AT THE GOOD LIFE BLOG
{one} If this oh so exciting Five isn't enough of me for one day, you can catch me on the Blog Baton instagram all day! I love this idea so much, I just wish I had a more interesting daily life to share!
 
{two} Last Saturday after working that wedding I get in my car and receive these messages from my husband. When I finally get him on the phone all I get is a "hold on" and I hear the tell-tale noises of a hospital in the background. I knew he was working earlier that day and he already has a hurt knee that he is having surgery for on Tuesday, so my mind was reeling with all kinds of horrible scenarios. Finally, his friend/our roommate Ryan answers the phone and tells me he had to take Paul to the ER because he cut his finger on a grinder while working on his go-cart. But not to worry it wasn't too bad, they were stitching him up, doing an Xray and sending him home. Well he called me when they left the ER and said he was ok but had to see a plastic surgeon to see if he would need reconstructive surgery on his hand. In my head I start freaking out thinking how on Earth is he going to hold our  daughter with one hand! By the grace of God when we saw the plastic surgeon yesterday he said not only did Paul not need surgery but that he was VERY lucky because most people in grinder accidents end up losing a finger! So we are very very thankful that it was not near as bad as it could've been!
 
{three} On a simpler note. Can I just go right here? I have no idea where this picture was taken but it looks like Heaven! Of course the week that GA finally decides to crank it up to 80 degrees our AC goes out. As you can imagine an 8 months pregnant woman in a house with no AC is not a very happy site so everytime I get miserably hot I think of my happy place, that hammock.


{four} We got our maternity pictures back! I am so in love with them! I posted them earlier this week but in case you missed it you can see them here. A lot of people have asked about my dress. It's from this Etsy shop I found through Pinterest called Kobieta. Most of their products are a little strange but they do sell these gorgeous custom maternity dresses. A little pricey but I really wanted the long flowy dress...

{five} Monday is our two year wedding anniversary!! We originally planned on going to Charleston but with everything going on, like me being super pregnant and Paul having surgery Tuesday we decided to stay home. I can't believe it's only been two years, it seems like so much longer! But I need your advice. I have NO idea what to get him. I think the traditional gift for two is cotton but I don't want to get him clothes. So please feel free to share some advice!! 


Y'all have a good weekend!!

4 comments:

  1. Aww gah glad he is ok!!! Be careful shooting the wedding!! glad it is small!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man yay for hubby!! Shew!! LOVE those maternity pics! You'll have to post more! Happy Mother's day weekend!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad the husband is okay. My husband lost the tip of his ring finger (on his left hand thank goodness) when he was 2. Stuck it in the gears of an exercise bicycle. Luckily he only had it removed to the first joint so you really never even notice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad your husband is OK.

    I wish I could help you out with a gift, but I think I am the most horrible gift-thinker-upper there is! I'd love to hear any ideas when you get them!!!

    Happy Weekend!!

    Alycia @ Crazily normal: mitchalycia.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete