Wednesday, September 11, 2013

The Day My World Went Black {Blogtember Catch-Up Part 1}

Blogtember Day 6: Describe a distinct moment when your life took a turn
 
It was June 27, 2008 at 2:00 a.m.. I was on vacation with my Dad, siblings, stepmom and her sisters family. (Which was very rare, my Dad was never more than an every other weekend Dad, if that. So going on a vacation with him was totally out of the ordinary) I woke up to my cell phone ringing, when I answered it was my stepdad asking to talk to my Dad. I knew what he was going to say so I begged him to just tell me but he insisted on talking to my Dad. I went downstairs woke my Dad up and handed him the phone, the next few minutes were a complete blur. All I remember is my Dad hanging up the phone, looking at me and saying "she's gone". After that everything went black and I hit the floor. I found out after the fact that I had blacked out and was kicking on the ground screaming "no not her, it's not fair". The next thing I remember is getting me and my little sister packed in about 5 minutes and getting in the car to head home. No words spoken, countless tears cried and two times pulling over so I could puke when it would hit me again that my Mom was gone.
 
That was the distinct moment that my life took a turn. It was the worst day of my life. That day I became a grown up. At 17 years old I never expected the responsibility and hardship that was about to be thrust upon me. There is a whole lot more to this story but my eyes are filled with tears and I can't see the screen.
 
Mom, I miss you every single second of every single day. I hope I make you proud! I love you angel!
 

 
 
If you want to read more about my Mom you can in this post.
 
**I know I am way behind on my Blogtember posts but I have a catch-up part 2 written with all of the days I missed. I just didn't think 3 posts in one day would be appreciated**





4 comments:

  1. Oh, Ashley! You are SO strong for sharing. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry for your loss. It's not easy being asked to be an adult at 17.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brave for you to tell! You're so strong and I love the person you've become! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete