Friday, August 30, 2013

Five On Friday: Gameday At Home!

Yay for Friday!!
 It is time for my favorite link-up, Five On Friday with the girls! I know everybody is posting about college football but we just can't help it y'all! As GRITS (girls raised in the South) it is in our blood. And this girl is READY for some Georgia Football!

This weekend we are having a couple friends from Charlotte coming to stay with us so we will be watching the game from home. My Five today is going to be about how to accomplish all the tailgating fun in the comfort of your own home!

1. I think we all know the most important thing about watching a football game is the snacks! Since Saturday is a night game I plan on having a few light snacks for the pregame and maybe a taco bar for supper during the game. I don't know about y'all but after a summer full of BBQ's I am so sick of hot dogs & hamburgers. I think a taco bar is quick & easy enough but still a little change from the norm. I got this little triple dipper crock pot as a wedding gift and have yet to use it, it is perfect for this party. I will probably do buffalo chicken dip {recipe here}, spinach dip, & fiesta dip!
{I cannot get over the taco shell garland! via}

{how fun are these?! via}
{this has to happen, too cute via}
 
 
2. With all that cute food you need some cute stuff to put it in!
 
 
{1, 2, 3,4 ,5}
3. Now that you've got the food you need to decorate the house! Does everyone feel the need to decorate for EVERY occasion or is that just me? Now if only my wallet could keep up with my visions... Every football season I put my Georgia stuff on my mantle (I couldn't find a picture) but I have been dying to make a banner like this to go along with what I already have. I want to make one with chevron burlap that says ''sic em'', add that to the to do list. You can get this one {here}!
{you gotta have a festive wreath! red, black, burlap & monogram OH MY via}
 
{I have this in a large canvas that I put on my mantle via}
 
4. Halftime & Pregame Entertainment. One of the best parts of tailgating is the fun & games before the game starts or during halftime. Here are a few ideas to ensure your guests have a good time!
 
{Beer Pong via}
 
5. Last but not least, you need your outfits! Just because you are at home doesn't mean you can't show your team spirit!
{For you & your guy}
 
 Of course all my stuff is UGA the best team ever but I am sure you could find very similar items that correspond with the team of your choice! Y'all have a good weekend and GOOOOO DAWGS!!!
  

4 comments:

  1. Love those straws!!! Just to let you know I nominated you for The Sunshine Blog Award. Check it out.

    http://babybuttonbrown.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That crock pot is genius! Perfect for tailgates and parties! My hubs went to UGA for 2 years so we always cheer for them as long as they aren't playing USC! Which they will be next week!! Go cocks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh not USC! Well at least you cheer for the right team some of the time! lol

      Delete