Friday, August 2, 2013

Five On Friday: Sic Em'!!

Happy Friday Y'all!
I was off of work yesterday and being back today is making my Friday feel all funky, almost like a Monday. Yuck! Anyway, as y'all have probably figured out by now Fridays = the Five On Friday link-up with these lovely ladies April, Darci, Christina &Natasha. I really do love this link-up, it is the perfect way to "meet" new blog buddies! Today my post is going to be oozing a little bit of red & black so get ready!
 
1. Being from the South y'all know that football pretty much runs through our veins and I am proud to say that I bleed red & black. In just four Saturdays the Dawgs will be kicking off the season at Clemson {yuck}! I cannot wait!
 
Check out this stud on the cover of Sports Illustrated!
 
{2} With that being said it brings me to the second best thing about football season, gameday outfits! I don't get to actually go to as many games as I would like but that doesn't mean I can't dress up to tailgate or sit at home and watch the game! Luckily I have already acquired a few adorable outfits for this season. Only in the South do we dress up like ladies to yell like men!
 
Disclaimer: I am in no way shape or form any kind of fashion blogger. These are just some super awkward pictures my husband snapped in the living room. Also my hair is straight and that should be documented because it never happens!
 
This is the kind of ridiculousness that happens when I step out from behind the lens, I cannot take it seriously.
 My Little* got me this outfit and I cannot even tell you how much I love it! The place she got the dress is actually a boutique that a good friend of mine just opened up in our hometown. Lord knows Clayton needed some style, you go Dev! If you are ever passing through Clayton, GA stop in at the Treehouse Boutique.
{* for those of you who are new here my "Little" is my baby sister not a sorority Little}
I have always wanted a floppy hat, add a monogram and you have my heart!
This shirt came from Papaya yesterday, I can't find it online but you should be able to find it in stores. The bow detail on the back is just too cute for words and it was only $15! Score! I wanted to wear it with a black maxi skirt but I don't have one so I threw on a black maxi dress I got at Dollar General last year {yes you read that right, your girl is a bargain shopper and it is actually my favorite dress!} and it worked out just fine!
here is a close up of my hat and the earrings my cousin gave me {I have no idea where they are from sorry!}
 
{3} Moving on from football.. I have been nonstop editing this week so I thought I would share a few of the different shots I finished!
 

 
{4} Paul & I are currently facing a pretty tough trial. No worries, it's nothing to do with our marriage. It is just something that is really affecting us and only the closest people to us know about it. I know that God has a plan for everything but I am having a hard time being patient right now! So I am constantly praying for strength and patience these days so y'all keep us in your prayers tonight! Meanwhile I will be working on doing this because He is the one in control, not me.
 
{5} On a lighter note, I have something very exciting that I am participating in this month! I am really excited to see how it goes and share it with y'all. But for now I can't tell you what it is, stay tuned this month to find out!
 
Y'all have a good weekend and go link up to tell us what is on your mind today!
 
 

4 comments:

  1. I gotta admit, I'm pretty excited about football season, too!! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a Fun Five! You look great btw! Oh, and SEC football all the way!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that dress on you!! Super cute! :) Beautiful pictures that you took!!

    ReplyDelete