Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Little Goes To College

Well a week ago today I dropped my little sister off at college! On one hand, I cannot believe she is a grown up going to college, makes me sad! On the other hand, I am so ridiculously proud of her for working her butt off to get to this point! I pretty much cried her entire senior year at every event; soccer games, banquets, proms and of course graduation. So naturally I thought I would be a wreck on move in day but I wasn't! She is finally getting away from a rocky home situation and gaining some independence. I just hope she gives it a chance and doesn't run home to see her boyfriend every time she gets 5 spare minutes!

I am just going to explain the day in pictures!
Headed in. In front of her hall. Checking her mailbox.
Her & her roommate in front of the fancy ice sculpture at reception.
Papa taking a break after moving in.
Bed & shutter headbord
Shelves over desk.
This was a drawer unit under the bed {she had to take out in order to use her risers} that we turned into a pantry.
Blake's corner.
Closet.
Back of room, sitting area, desks, pantry & sink.
Their chalkboard decals on their door.


We made her shutter headboard,the monogram frame above it & the canvases!
Her roommate Hayley.
"Bye Big!"
 
 

4 comments:

  1. This is too cute!! Love the last picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw so fun! This makes me miss moving into my dorm and meeting my roommate. so cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's having a good time, a little trouble with her roommate but that takes some adjusting!

      Delete