Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Avocado Anyone?

When I was younger I hated anything to do with avocados and I would not be caught dead eating guacamole. My Mom & sister used to slice them and eat them plain, I actually tried it once and gagged. But in the past couple years all of a sudden I can't get enough! I love avocado in dips, sandwiches, flatbreads and I have become obsessed with guacamole! So I decided to try some new avocado recipes I have found on Pinterest.
 
I know that avocado for breakfast seems a little odd but this morning I attempted to make this recipe for Baked Eggs in Avocado. (not very catchy but that is what the site calls it)
this was the original picture
This was how mine turned out! It was so easy all you do is remove the pit, scoop out a little bit of the flesh so your egg will fit (I recommend getting huge avocados so your egg whites don't spill over), pour in the egg and bake at 425 degrees for about 20 minutes! You can garnish them however you want. I put hot sauce and jalapeños on mine because I like a little kick. Overall it was pretty good as long as you can handle the two textures put together (it's a little mushy).
 
I got a double dose of avocado today! I have seen people everywhere raving about "BLAT's" which is just a BLT with avocado. So I decided to give that a shot today for lunch but with my own twist. I am not a big loaf bread fan and I really don't like toasted bread (weird I know) so I decided to put my BLAT on a wrap. I also left home and forgot the "T" so mine was pretty much just a "BLA". First I heated up my wrap and my microwave bacon (convenient for work) then I put the lettuce, bacon, banana peppers and sliced avocado on the wrap. Added a little light mayo and mustard and it was done! Quick, simple and super yummy!
 
Not very pretty but here's a picture.
 
Also on the menu for this week is Avocado Chicken Salad!
 
 
Yes it is a ridiculous obsession. Y'all have a great day!
 

2 comments: