Monday, August 26, 2013

I Am Alive....

 
Hello blog world! I know its been a while, remember me?
 
I cannot believe I went a whole week without blogging. I assumed I would be a blogging fool on my "Staycation", writing quality posts every single day. But that obviously did not happen. I have 4 posts drafted because every time I would go to write one I fell asleep! Yes, asleep. How ridiculous is that? And it is not even like they were lame, boring posts I just think that I was SO ridiculously exhausted that anytime I sat down I ended up falling asleep. I am not even sorry about that though because over the past few months I have had zero energy, never felt rested and today I do! So even though I didn't accomplish as much as I wanted to I am glad I got some rest. Let's see how I did on my to do list.

1} Catch up on my editing - I got a whole lot done but not as much as I wanted to.

2} Redo my kitchen table & chairs- Didn't even start this, and it was the main thing I wanted to do. Oh well.

3} Spend a day with my Papa - I am so glad I did this one. We had a great day, I just love that man!

4} Catch up on laundry- I didn't get it all done but I got a good bit done.

5} Send my Cara Box!!! - I got it sent and I received mine, it is amazing! I really love this exchange! I cannot wait to do my reveal post (it's one of the drafts)

6} Get Little settled in her dorm - My girl is all settled in and according to her everyone says she has the cutest dorm! That's what matters right? Ha. Her dorm reveal/move in is another drafted post. Bad bad blogger.
 

Overall I really enjoyed my week off, it was exactly what I needed! This week I will get all those drafts posted so get ready for Ashley overload!
 
Now for a little VMA discussion. Can I just ask what in the world has happened to our society Miley Cyrus??
 
Now don't get me wrong I still love Miley's music but this performance just disgusting. I understand she doesn't want to be seen as Hannah Montana anymore but twerking with teddy bears, sporting Angelica doll (thumbs up if you get that reference) meets baby spice hairdo and licking everything is not the way to get people to see you as an adult. And whether she wants to acknowledge it or not there are still young girls who look up to her who she is failing. A friend on Facebook said it perfectly "Seriously America stop supporting role models that are not educated, and make a living off of being sexy. Miley Cyrus does not deserve the title of being called an artist and definitely does not deserve the title of being a role model."
 
I don't get this..
 
Taylor Swift was a little brat last night..
 
Lady Gaga was weird as always..

 
Katy Perry was incredible, I love this song so much.
 
 
But this made this little 90's girls life! I had not heard anything about the reunion so this was a huge shock, I literally jumped off the couch! N'sync is incredible and Justin Timberlake is life. End of story!
{all gifs via eonline}

I hope y'all have a great Monday and I promise I will be a better blogger this week!

9 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I just watched the Miley video. YIKES! I know NSYNC is older but their dancing was kind of terrible at times haha. Still love the flashback though! So much better than the boy bands these days :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Taylor Swift. UGH, ha! My husband can't stand her! She always tries to act SO surprised when she wins an award. Get over yourself. You ain't fooling anyone! Lady Gaga is weird, but we love her, ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't stand Taylor either, I think she showed a lot of her true character last night. I like some of Gaga's music but just can't handle her weirdness sometimes. Her bod is rockin though!

      Delete
  3. I watched Miley on You Tube this morning and it literally made me uncomfortable watching! Girl needs a hug!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha COMPLETELY agree with all your VMA observations - I honestly thought the music industry was dying until JT's (and NSYNC's!!) performance). Like, what is happening to the world?!

    Also so happy you got so much done - WOO! Excited for all your upcoming posts.

    <3, Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea, I used to love the VMA's this year my husband and I just sat there mouths open staring at each other lol. Thank you!!

      Delete
    2. So funny! Also, I just did this post and I nominated you for a Liebster Award! You probably have already gotten one because your blog is great, but here's the link if you want to check it out and accept it: http://crazynypostgradlife.blogspot.com/2013/08/second-liebster-award-on-blogger.html

      Congrats!

      <3, Charlotte

      Delete