Friday, August 9, 2013

Five On Friday

Hello there Friday, I welcome you with open arms! This week has seriously went by SO slow!
As always I am linking up for the Five On Friday. Check out the amazing hostesses Christina, Darci, April & Natasha.
 
{1}  After my crappy day yesterday I needed a little pick-me-up and this did just the trick!
 
Seriously.. too much cuteness!

   {2} The other day I mentioned my recent obsession with avocado. Well I made the avocado chicken salad that I mentioned and it was DELICIOUS! I was in a hurry trying to make it before work so I don't have any pictures. But I followed this recipe, the only changes I made was adding jalapeños and I cut it down a little bit because the original recipe was too much for just me.  I will definitely be making it again!
 
{3} I mentioned here that I had something new and exciting going on this month. It is not anything huge or life changing but I didn't want to share until I was 100% positive I was going to do it. This month I am participating in the Cara Box Exchange! I am so excited about this opportunity to get to know new bloggers and I have so many ideas for my partner’s box!

{4} The other day I got this text from a recent client and it literally made me tear up. I am so so blessed to be able to do what I love and make people happy doing it!
 
{5} I posted here that I was really wanting to take a "Staycation". Well it is official, 2 weeks from now my "Staycation" is happening! That Monday I am going to be having an emotional breakdown  helping my Little move into college! The rest of the week I plan on working on lots of DIY projects, catching up on housework, editing and SLEEP! Oh and I will be watching TV!! Now I know most of you are probably wondering why in the world I am excited about that. Well it is because for the first time ever we got TV & internet at home! I know, I know, welcome to the 21st century but we were trying to be responsible and cut out any unnecessary expenses because we were super broke. So I am very very excited!
 
I hope y'all have a SUPER weekend!!!
 

11 comments:

  1. I have been curious about the Cara Box as well. You will have to let us know how it goes for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that you're participating in the Cara Box! I'm enjoying getting to know you through it! :)

    Ellie
    www.choosingpeaceblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. that salad looks AMAZINGGGGG. yummy yummy. And wahoo for your staycation, I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love a good staycation! I must try that salad - I've been on a real avocado kick lately.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Right when I read your first sentence, Creed's "Arms Wide Open" came on Pandora!! hahah! how weird is that!? Too funny! that eCard is SO true ha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey lady - found you through the link up. So jealous of your staycation! Newest follower! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you! I am hoping to get a lot accomplished and not just sit on my butt haha!

      Delete
  7. gosh, that ecard. Ain't that the truth! :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love the video of the elephant. There was a video online I saw of an elephant playing in the ocean and it was so cute. The avocado chicken salad looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete