Monday, August 5, 2013

Weekend Shenanigans

Good morning y'all! I am not quite as peppy this Monday morning as I have been the past couple weeks, I am tired today. Today I am linking up with Sami for Weekend Shenanigans!
 
My weekend was pretty uneventful but still a good one! Friday night Paul was busy so I was on my own. I did a little shopping and then on my way home I decided to finally go check out the movie set since it was their last day filming across from my house. When I got up there a lady told me that if I waited like 30 minutes that Adam Sandler would come and say Hi to everyone when he got done filming (she was a crazy who had been there all day everyday trying to meet the celebrities). Since I had nothing else to do I decided I would wait because who doesn't want to meet Adam Sandler? While I was waiting I ran into my language arts teacher from high school, turns out her husband (who is a coach and teacher too) got cast to be a baseball coach in the movie! So she was telling me all about the happenings on the set and all of a sudden this young red headed girl runs by and all of the little girls start SCREAMING apparently she was Bella Thorne who plays on the show "Shake It Up" on Disney. {You know you're getting old when you have know idea who the Disney it-girls are anymore} We were sitting at the playground which they had taped off for people who wanted to come watch and the cops came over and told everyone they had to be behind the tape. Then "the crazy" looked at me and said "that means Adam is about to come!" and sure enough there he came! He walked around the whole playground, shook everyone's hand and spoke. I got a handshake and a "hiya kiddo"! I thought it was so neat that someone like him would take the time after being out in the blazing sun filming all day to say hi to his fans. He really seems like a great guy! I also saw Drew Barrymore but only long enough for her to be ushered to her car under her umbrella, they say she hasn't been too friendly. 
Saturday Paul was playing a golf tournament he does every year with his brothers, Dad and Papaw so I was on my own again. I hardly saw him all weekend! But this is how I woke up..
 
 
Puppy to the face! Paul hates that I let him in the bed but he is just so cute and snuggly! Then I spent the rest of the day catching up on my editing! Seriously how cute are these two! They celebrated their one year wedding anniversary yesterday!

That night Paul & I went to dinner with one of his best friends who just ended his engagement. We went to Mexican and this definitely happened.

 
 He is doing surprisingly well but needed some guy time so after dinner him & Paul went fishing. {Alone again} So I parked myself in the bed, watched Sex & The City 1 & 2 and edited until my eyes burned!
 
Sunday I did the usual, church and hanging out with family. That afternoon I had a shoot for a precious little girl doing some pictures for her pageant portfolio. Let me just tell you this girl was a diva but not in a bad way. She was all kinds of spunky and boy could she model. I hardly had to direct her at all she posed from head to toe like a pro! She also melted my heart. Halfway through the shoot she looked at me and said "you are definitely my favorite photographer ever and I want you to always take my pictures!" her Mom then told me that that was a huge compliment because she had had several photo shoots in her 9 years! Honestly, I would not have cared if she didn't have a thing to compare it to because that was just the sweetest thing! Now I know this picture is blurry, it is a picture of the picture on my camera with my phone. Pictureception?! But I just had to show y'all what a little model this girl is!

                                                  I cannot wait to start working on these!

 
Well that was my weekend! I hope everyone has a great Monday!
Sami's Shenanigans

6 comments:

  1. So fun you got to meet Adam!
    Wish I could have been there!
    You're pictures are looking good!
    Keep it up Mrs. Photographer! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks bestie! I wish you could've been too but you were slaving away in your adorable classroom!

      Delete
  2. That's awesome that you got to meet Adam! I am glad he is nice in real life too :)
    And your pictures look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! So awesome that you met Adam, he seems to be a really down to earth, funny guy. That is crazy about your husband's friends engagement. How heartbreaking. I'm glad you guys were there for him! Have a great week girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I nominated you for a Liebster Award! I love your blog & always look forward to your next posts! Check it out @ http://swallowsjourneys.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete