Tuesday, July 23, 2013

"Stephens with a ph"

WARNING: This post is going to be full of some serious ooey-gooey, lovey-dovey, mushy-gushy, I love my husband talk! It has been over a year (437 days to be exact) since our big day and I still feel like that ecstatic bride. On my wedding day I wasn't nervous or stressed I was just plain ecstatic! There were about 5,000 things that went wrong but I just could not bring myself to care because I married my very best friend. So this post is going to be all kinds of random ramblings about how happy I am and how much I love being married to The Furry Man (babies are amazed by his facial hair so I started calling him furry man).
See! Goofy, ridiculous giddy bride smiles!
 
Paul and I dated for quite a while before we got married so I really thought that our relationship was exactly what it was going to be but marriage really has given us an even stronger bond.
 
-We are happier in general. I feel like this is a confidence thing, that we know we are ours. No Paul doesn't own me and I don't own him but now I can say he is my husband. Not just my boyfriend or fiancée, there is just something so permanent about saying you're someone's wife (or husband). And yes I know in today's society "husbands & wives" aren't technically permanent but of course I will do everything in my power to make our marriage permanent.
 
- I still get giddy about my new last name! Yesterday the UPS guy came in and after I signed for the package he asked my last name. I said "Stephens with a ph", after that I don't know why but I smiled like an idiot thinking about how much I love telling people that my name is "Stephens with a ph".
 
- We are all kinds of clingy. Normally clingy is a bad thing in a relationship but I don't mean it in a psycho way. We just love being together and whenever we have to spend time away from each other we get all whiney and pathetic! We weren't like this when we were dating, we didn't talk constantly during the day, we didn't spend every possible moment together but married life has made us the complete opposite. For example he has to work tonight and I am all kinds of bummed about it. Serious kudos to military spouses and all those alike who have to spend extended amounts of time away from their significant others, y'all are all kinds of strong.
 
-No matter how bad of a day I have had I still get butterflies when I pull in the driveway and see his truck. And if he hasn't made it home yet I get sad, so pathetic.
 
-I took my rings off to do something Friday and forgot them at home all weekend! I had this pit in my stomach all weekend because I didn't have them on! Luckily I have a crazy ring tan line so you could definitely tell what was supposed to be there.
 
So even though he doesn't always clean up his facial hair and he leaves spit cups everywhere, I sure do love my sweet furry husband!
 
In other news!
The Ashley Stephens Photography   page is officially up and running! I spent a lot of time trying to figure out what I was going to do and fighting the nervous lump in my throat but after lots of encouragement from my IRL and blog friends I finally did it! Thank you so much for all your kind words!
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Aw this is SO cute!! Just liked your FB page!! That's exciting!!

    ReplyDelete