Friday, July 5, 2013

Five On Friday

Oooohh Hello Friday!!!
I tell you what this whole being off on a Thursday and going back to work on Friday is not for me. It feels like the dreaded Monday all over again, my body is totally confused. But at least I have a job to come back to and for that I am thankful. I always look forward to Friday not only because it is the beginning of the weekend but because I get to link up with the girls for the Five On Friday link-up. Out of all the link-ups I have done this is my favorite because it always leads to discovering new blog friends!
{1} I am loving Carrie Underwood's new song "See You Again". It's one of those songs that reminds me of my Mom but doesn't make me sob uncontrollably! Last Thursday marked 5 years since she passed and being in the hospital made the day almost unbearable. My Mom was a nurse that, combined with her condition, we spent a LOT of time in hospitals growing up. I know that sounds horrible but she always had a way of making it fun! When I was little she would take me to work with her and I would ride in the cart when she would deliver medicine, every shadow day I ever had she made her job seem like a dream and she could even make hospital food seem glamorous by making it a game to see who could get the best tasting food out of the vending machines with the sliding doors. She was truly incredible. So naturally sitting there with my sister last week was memory overload. Not only was it emotional seeing my sister in that position but every time the IV dripped I thought about all the IV's I helped my Mom mix on shadow day; so then I would leave the room to gather myself and I would see the super fun vending machine then I would reach up to wipe my tears and my arm smelled like her. I know that sounds incredibly weird but she always smelled like hospital and Escada perfume and it was the most comforting smell in my world! Anyway this song lets me have my moment without completely destroying me, it is a nice uplifting way of thinking about things!
 
wow that was long enough for a whole post I will keep the other ones short
 
{2} Yesterday I picked up this little gem at Hobby Lobby and now I have got the redecorating itch,  bad!
The coloring is off but it is a really pretty light blue. It is super cute and different but I think I am going to take those yellow rhinestones off, I'm not digging them. We live in a rental house that is painted poop brown, literally it's horrible. So I am trying to bring in some color and this just opened up a whole slew of options!
a little inspiration from the ADORABLE Little Miss Momma
 
 
 
{3} Speaking of color I have recently become obsessed with prints. In my last post I mentioned the chalkboard prints from J&Paper. This week I discovered two new shops that I am loving!
These from Paper Finch Design
 
And these from Lettered Life Shop
 
I am seriously considering making an entire collage wall filled with prints. Too much?? Oh and while I was brainstorming Hubby suggested we blow this picture of our wedding venue up and hang it. And you know what, I think it's perfect and has plenty of color!

{4} Yesterday with all the rain I decided to do a little shopping! I went to one of my favorite stores Charming Charlie, seriously this girl could do some SERIOUS damage in there. But I demonstrated some self control and only got two little bracelets. I am going to go ahead and pat myself right on the back!  
A little love & a monogram makes for a very happy girl!
 
{5} Tomorrow is going to be a great day! A couple weeks ago Lauren asked me to be one of her bridesmaids!! Not to get all mushy or anything but Lauren has so quickly become one of my best friends. As I get older I have figured out that the length of time you have known someone doesn't necessarily make them your best friend, it's the people that come into your life and are a genuine, true friend and that is 100% Lauren! Her fiancé Cody also asked Paul to be his groomsmen and we are so excited! Now that she has asked all her bridesmaids I can share the super cute way she asked me, so stay tuned for that! Anyway, tomorrow we are going to try on bridesmaids dresses {my body is TOTALLY not ready for that} but it will still be super fun! After that Paul & I have not one but two 4th of July family cookouts to go to. One in Cornelia and one in Clayton, story of our lives. But it is totally worth it to spend time with family!
 
Well that is it for me today, talk about a sCatTerbraIneD post! But that completely describes me today. Have a blessed weekend y'all!!
 
 

 

 


4 comments:

  1. You little booger.
    If I would have known what you were doing yesterday, I would have invited myself to join you. Major lazy day yesterday!

    I can't wait to spend some time with you tomorrow trying on dresses! You will look beautiful in everything I'm sure of it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah dang it you should have! It wasn't planned I just ended up going but I figured you were at your Moms! See you tomorrow :) And I sure hope so!

      Delete
  2. I LOVE those bracelets. Seriously, gorgeous. I have the decorating bug right now, but what to do so many project I find myself overwhelmed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I nominated you for a Liebster Award!
    Go on over to my blog - peachstateofmindleh.blogspot.com - to check out the details!
    XO Lauren

    ReplyDelete