Friday, July 12, 2013

Five On Friday

Hey y'all! I cannot believe it is already Friday, this week flew by for me!  No complaints here though. And as always Friday means the Five On Friday link-up with Darci and the rest of the girls. I just love doing this one!
 

{1} First and foremost I want to thank everyone for all of your kind words and encouragement in regards to my photography dilemma. It truly means so much to know I have support not only from the friends/family in my everyday life but also from all of you in the blog world who really don't know me from Adam! The Ashley Stephens Photography Facebook page is officially in the works. :)

{2} As you found out in my Liebster post I am a complete music junkie! Well today I decided to share this band that I am completely obsessed with right now. They are the Jeb Stuart Band and the lead singer is actually my sister's boyfriend's cousin (haha). A few months ago my sister was at a photoshoot for her senior superlative pictures and she sent me a video of Jeb singing (he won most talented) and I was floored! They write their own songs and post them on their Facebook page every week. I am so happy that he is getting out there and pursuing his dream,y'all seriously have to just take a minute and listen to them!
This is one of my favorites!
 
{3}I know everyone is harping on this but I am SO sick of this Georgia weather. I read the other day that Atlanta is on track for it's wettest year in history and I believe it! I don't even remember the last full day without rain around here but it if it does continue to rain I think I need this outfit to splash around in!
I got this off pinterest but lost the link.oops
All I know is it BETTER hold off tomorrow because we have big plans of spending the whole day on the lake with Cody & Lauren and I am just not putting up with any rain. Plain and simple.
 
{4} I am just so excited for tonight! We are going to a gender reveal party for my cousin's new baby!! She is an absolutely amazing person and without a doubt one of the most influential people in my life. I could seriously write a whole post just about how amazing she is and what she means to me. No one deserves to be a mother as much as she does and now her dream is coming true again. I am so happy for this little family and I cannot wait to find out if it is another beautiful baby boy or a beautiful baby girl! As for me I am wearing my Pink because I think it is a little girl!
 
{names removed for privacy reasons}
 
{5} Last night I posted about a little DIY project I did. It was so quick and easy but I love it.
I also kind of came out of the blogging closet last night with this picture. Up until now I hadn't really told my friends/family that I started blogging. I wasn't ashamed or anything I just kind of wanted something to myself. But as soon as I posted this picture on Instagram I had someone asked me how to make it so I swallowed my pride and posted the link to my tutorial post! I don't know if any of them will start reading or even look at it but it is officially "out there".
Well that's it for today! I hope y'all have an amazing weekend and go link up with the girls to let us know what is on your mind today!
 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. I think gender reveal parties are so exciting! I love that outfit for rainy weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heck yeah for the Ashley Photography Facebook page!! Get your advertising on girl!

    I can't wait until tomorrow!!! Lake for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your sweet words! I love these link-up's because we find other bloggers we wouldn't otherwise. I am also in GA... a little south of ATL though (Macon).
    I love gender reveals. I went through pregnancy pre-pinterest but if I am lucky enough to have another chance, I will totally dive right in to that kinda stuff!
    I remember when my IRL friends started finding my blog. I was super nervous because I do sometimes bare a lot but the support I've gotten has been amazing. I still don't promote it on my personal FB or anything but I don't hide it anymore either (=

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My SIL is from Macon! Oh yeah, I am not ashamed to admit I pretty much already have a gender reveal party planned for whenever I do get pregnant! And thank you for the encouragement! I was definitely hesitant because I want this to be a place where I don't have to filter anything because of who reads it but I have decided if they don't like what I have to say they don't have a place in my life anyway :)

      Delete