Monday, July 22, 2013

Weekend Shenanigans: Back Where I Come From

Hey y'all!
Well here we are on Monday again and (again) I am surprisingly happy about after coming off another great weekend! I am excited to tell y'all all about it.
 
Friday night Paul, Cody, Lauren and I decided to go to the drag strip in Commerce. Lauren and I really didn't want to go but decided to anyway, big mistake. We get out there, pay, walk in and before we even get to the stands it starts pouring. So we hid out under the concession stands for a few minutes hoping it would clear up. No such luck. After about 20 minutes of getting soaked they came over the loud speaker and announced that there was no way they would get the track dry enough to race so everything was cancelled! So we took our cold, freezing, annoyed butts to Cracker Barrel and called it a night. They gave us a rain check but I think me and Lauren will just let the boys go on their own next time!
sums it up
Saturday we had quite a big day. That morning I tried to work on pictures but someone just wasn't having it.
 
Then we headed up to Clayton for my cousins wedding. Fun fact, I actually set these two up a few years ago! The wedding was beautiful, the setting was beautiful, the reception was beautiful and the couple was beautiful!
After that we went with the littles (Megan & Blake) to the drive in! That is seriously one of my favorite things to do. I would rather see a movie there than at a real theater and you can't beat it, for both of us to watch both movies it was only $16!
We saw Turbo & Grown Ups 2. I love that they still use the old previews.
And they have funnel cake, what more can you want?!
 
Then we spent the night at my cousin Lisa's house. Seriously how cute is this guest bed.

Sunday we went to church, lunch with my grandparents and then went out on Lake Rabun with the Littles! Megan's boyfriend Blake is an avid fisherman (he even does pro tournaments) and him and his Dad just got a new boat so Blake took us out!
We also ran in to my cousin Heather & her bf Chauncey out on the lake (only in Rabun County) and they let me hop on with them and go wakeboarding! I haven't done that in probably 4 years and it wasn't as easy as I remembered, I am definitely feeling it today! After a meal at my favorite restaurant La Cabana (go figure) we headed home. It is not very often that I get to spend the weekend up there with my husband and my family so it was truly a great weekend. One of the best I have had in a while! Y'all go link-up with Sami so we can hear about your weekend!
Sami's Shenanigans
 
 
 
 
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun weekend!! Grown Ups 2 looks so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like such a great weekend! I'm jealous you went to a drive-in, we don't have any around here, but I think they're so cute and look like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete