Thursday, July 11, 2013

Bonus Post! A Tutorial!

So I am pretty sure you really shouldn't post twice in one day but I just had to share a little project I did tonight! I was cleaning up my room putting up miscellaneous jewelry and realized I had no more room in my jewelry box! So I decided I needed to make something. 10  minutes later I had this little beauty!

I bought the frame for a prop a few months ago from Goodwill, tossed the hideous print that was in it and spray painted it. And I had the burlap from a prop project last weekend! 

I posted it to Instagram and immediately had someone ask how I did it so here is how! I laid the burlap on the back of the frame, traced a line to where I wanted to cut (just a little short of the edge of the frame so I could pull it tight), got my Hubby's staple gun, pulled the fabric tight and Paul but about 50 staples in it lol. I put my earrings through the burlap and that's  it. Done. So simple! 

The back isn't so pretty but it works!!

Have a good night y'all!!

2 comments: