Friday, March 28, 2014

Five On Friday!

Happy Friday y'all! Hallelujah that the weekend is finally {almost} here. This week has been extra long and this weekend is literally the last weekend until Miss Nora's expected arrival that we don't have a slam packed schedule. So I will definitely be enjoying the somewhat laid back two days with my hubby. Today I am linking up with April, Darci, Christina & Natasha for Five on Friday!

{One} The the other day I posted about my desperate need for help with nursery decisions. With y'alls help and a lot of thinking, I narrowed down my crib sheet choices to two and decided to paint the dresser white. I am seriously torn about this fabric. I know it is not a life changing decision what so ever but I am struggling with it. Before I was even pregnant I found a picture of a nursery on Pinterest {go figure} and fell in love with the colors. It was so sweet and calming and not at all what I ever thought I would choose since I really don't even like pink. But then I also found this fabric that is bright, girly and just plain adorable. It is so cute that it literally makes me want to base a whole room around it. So first I will show you the original Pinterest inspiration. Then I will show you my bedding choices and you feel free to weigh in with your opinion.
The picture on the left is the bumper we will most likely go with if we decide to do one. The top fabric goes along with my original inspiration and I think it is so beautiful. The bottom one is the one I have been obsessing over. So what do you think? Stick with the neutral or add a little more color?
 
{two} While we are on the subject of my little babe, y'all wanna see her? I don't know if it is considered weird or overly personal to show ultrasound pictures but I don't mind it so here ya go!
Our little sweetheart gave us a smile! If you want to read more about our 4d ultrasound you can in my most recent bumpdate!
 
{three} Okay, let's face it this blog is going to be all about Miss Nora from here on out. Sorry not sorry. But y'all know how I mentioned last week that I won a bow giveaway hosted by Miranda? Well I got the picture of my completed bow from Sweet Owl Bowtique today and OMG it is too cute for words! I cannot wait til it gets here! Mommas I definitely recommend checking out Sweet Owl, she is so sweet and does such a great job!
{you can't really tell but it is attached to a little white headband. I die at the cuteness!
 
{four} Speaking of cuteness, we went Monday night and watched my middle nephew play tee ball. Oh my word y'all it was the cutest thing. Haden kept yelling out "Hey Ash-uh-ley I am right here!!" and every time the ball was hit the whole team ran for it and just dog piled each other. I laughed the entire time, it was just that cute!
Playing in the dirt. I mean really, a four year old can only focus so long!
 
{Five} So for quite some time now I have had my eye on this beautiful dress on Etsy for my maternity pictures. I finally broke down and decided to order it well what do you know, the shop is on vacation. Luckily I stalked the owner down on fb and she agreed to squeeze my order in! So thankful for kind people, now just crossing my fingers that it makes it here in time!

Have a good weekend y'all!
 
 

18 comments:

  1. I love what you picked for the bow! BTW - I updated my button :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that nursery inspiration! So cute, I'm usually one to stay nuetral, but I'm trying to remind myself to go for more color, so I say go for that pop of color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! See I am opposite, I usually go for color but now I am loving the neutral! Ugh, decisions!

      Delete
  3. SOCUTE! i love the nursery inspiration :) we just had our fist little girl 2 months ago and its such a great feeling! congrats to you! stopping by from the Five on Friday link up! Your blog is super cute :) Hope you check mine out as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That bow is so cute!! Those pics of your nephew and his little team are priceless! I'm sure your nursery will be beautiful. The inspiration pic is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that nursery inspriation picture... but, I also love color, so I don't think you can go wrong in whatever you decide... and those t-ball pictures, how CUTE!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww such a sweet & happy baby :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello from the link up! Awe your lit'l sweetie is so precious!! Congrats!! Aren't those 4d ultrasounds amazing?! Enjoy prepping her nursery! Looks like you're drawing from the fabulous inspiration! Have a beautiful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the more neutral fabric! But I did my baby's nursery very neutral, so I may be biased. However, I do love how calm & simple it feels in there. Very relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Putting together the nursery is soooooo much work! But just think, if you love two different ideas you can still do them! Her room will transform from nursery to toddler room in just a couple of years! So don't fret too hard ;)
    Have I mentioned that I LOVE the name Nora? So perfect!
    I'm getting sooooo excited for you! And that ultrasound picture? So sweet that they caught a smile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's such a good point! And thank you I love her name too, it's very special to us!

      Delete
  10. Love your nursery and I am impressed that you are so organized. It is funny how some parents are ready months in advance and others wait practically until the baby is born. I have a six month old and am now trying to balance my time between baby naps and my Etsy monogramming business, Southern-Linens. It takes a little doing to make time for both but by now I am trying to do a better job of scheduling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! But I am actually far from organized lol we have so much left to do! I need to check out your shop for sure, I love me some monograms!

      Delete