Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Nursery Decisions: I Need Your Help!

Hey y'all! In the past couple of weeks we have made some major nursery progress! We picked up the crib from my Granny's house, bought the dresser, got everything cleaned out of the room and chose a paint color. The landlord gave us permission to paint as long as we keep it neutral. I seriously agonized over this decision. After spending at least an hour going through swatches in Home Depot, going back twice for paint samples and staring at the four {ridiculously similar} stripes on the wall, we finally made a decision. The overall wall color will be Winsome Beige by Behr and I still have to make a decision on a shade of white for the trim. Did you know there are 5024952504593 shades of white?! Ridiculous. Not only do I have to pick a shade of white for the trim but I also have to pick one for the crib, too many decisions. This is where y'all come in.


I need your votes. First, bedding. We originally planned on doing very neutral colors, baby pink, white and beige. No real theme but kind of a shabby chic feel. I found this beautiful bedding at Restoration Hardware with these gorgeous flower appliques that I just fell in love with. I just planned on ordering the bumper and having my Aunt sew the rest. Now I am even rethinking that. I am starting to think that the flowers will look odd against the crib railing so now I am considering just ordering the quilt with the appliques and get a more simple bumper. That brings us to the rest of the bedding. Like I said, I originally wanted to keep it very neutral but now I am thinking we may need a little more color. These are a few samples of what I am considering for the crib sheets and other elements of the bedding. The top one is a fabric I actually found before I was even pregnant that I just think is gorgeous but may be just a little too much for what I am going for, the middle one is my favorite right now it stay with the soft neutral feel but has a little more color and the third sticks to my original neutral plan. SO two questions; do you think the bumper looks odd against the crib rails and what is your opinion on the 3 crib sheet fabrics?
 
As I mentioned there is going to be a lot of white in this room. White trim, white crib white rug and most likely white shelves. So I am trying to decide if painting the dresser white would be way too much. Here are a few Annie Sloan swatches (idk if you can see the last two but they are "pure" and "old white"). What do y'all think? 1.old ochre 2. cream 3. Antoinette 4. pure 5. antique white
 
Yes, I am absolutely an over-thinker. Seriously, who obsesses this much over nursery decisions??? Nora will never ever know or care what her nursery looked like but that's not really the point. I would seriously appreciate any input y'all may have!

8 comments:

  1. I'm not a big fan of the bumper look on any crib, but that's just me. I love sheet number two, and honestly I don't think you can ever have enough white. My son's room is black and white(more white) and I love it. Whatever you decide on I'm sure it will look beautiful. Xoxo

    Nessaswrld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and me both, I overthink and overanalyze like it's my job!
    I love white-the more white the better! Georgia Grace has a patchwork quilt bumper on her crib and I wasn't sure how I was going to like it but I have ended up loving it. It gives the crib extra texture and volume that it needed. I love it all, you can't go wrong with any path you take!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh yes! Overthinking is what I do best! Hopefully I can make a decision soon!

      Delete
  3. I love the middle sheet the best, and in my opinion, no bumper is better. For the dresser, I think white would look great, but color will make it pop- I'm not very helpful in decision making!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think we are going to go with the white!

      Delete