Monday, June 17, 2013

Weekend Shenanigans

Happy Monday y'all! I know, I know what is happy about a Monday?! But hey, I am just trying to make the best of it! On this wonderful Monday morning I am linking up with Sami's Shenanigans for Weekend Shenanigans. I am having trouble figuring out how to attach the button with the link so if anyone has any tips please let me know!
 
My weekend was actually pretty amazing, so here we go!
 
 
Friday night we went to Cheddars with our favorites! Anytime we get together with Cody & Lauren we have a blast and it is always a plus when there is good food involved. But I had to get home and get in the bed because the next day I had a wedding to shoot and that means a very long day!
I love this picture Lauren snapped of me working, me & Lauren exhausted & headed home, the beautiful wedding location 

By some miracle I convinced Lauren to go with me Saturday to be my second shooter  lifesaver,
I seriously have no idea what I would have done without her!! You should check out her blog at Peach State Of Mind .We got to Clayton around 10:30 a.m. to start shooting at the hair salon and except for a few breaks here and there we pretty much didn't stop until we left the reception at 11:30 p.m.. Needless to say we were exhausted! We literally felt like our legs were going to fall off, we sounded like two whiny babies but we had a right! When I walked into my house at almost midnight I could not get into my bed fast enough. What matters is, the wedding was beautiful, the bride was sweet as pie and the weather was perfect. I can not wait to see how all the pictures turn out. I have a little sample for you though!
 
Sunday was of course Fathers Day so Paul & I headed back to Clayton for church & to see my Dad(s). I am lucky enough to have several father figures in my life and I got to see all of them Sunday. My stepdad came to church with us but I didn't get to take a picture with him. After church we went on a picnic at Terrora Park with my Dad, Step Mom, Granny & sister. It is such a beautiful park and reminds me exactly why I love where I am from. My Dad & I have had a rough relationship but we are working on it and I will always love him no matter what!
 
our picnic spot
yes I wore the same outfit after church as I did Friday night, don't judge
 
After that we went to my Mamaw's house to visit with one of my absolute favorite people and the most influential man in my life, my Papa. I cannot put into words how much that man means to me
I wouldn't be who I was today without him! He is the man I look up to, the one who walked me down the aisle and my hero! I love him so!  
don't let the lack of smile fool you he was crying {this was right before we walked in}
 
Sunday afternoon/night we headed back to Flowery Branch to spend some time with Paul's Dad! We took him out to eat at Crossroads Grill and had the most delicious steak I have ever tasted. Mark is another one of the amazing father figures in my life. He may not be my own but I love him like he is, I am so lucky to have him as my father-in-law! We didn't get any pictures with him either unfortunately.
 
here's a picture of me & my baby Hank just b/c he is adorable
 
Well that is it for my weekend shenanigans!
What did y'all do this weekend?
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Just found your blog through Lauren's and it is so cute! Looks like a fab weekend, and you are such a talented photographer!

    ReplyDelete