Monday, June 24, 2013

Catch Up!

 
Well I know I said a while ago that I was going to do a post about Megan (my little sister) and Blake's (her boyfriend) graduation party that I threw but I got so busy doing link-ups I almost forgot! So I will keep it short and sweet today with a post about that.
 

 

Anyone who knows me knows that my Little (that's what I call her) is my world. We have always been close but after my Mom passed we really became fused together. She's like my own and her graduation was way harder on me than it was on her or anyone else but I wanted to make it special for her. Her birthday is December 26th meaning she never gets a birthday party so what better excuse for a big party than her graduation!  And despite some predictable Georgia showers we had a great time!
I tried to incorporate plenty of gender neutral colors and activities.
It was an afternoon party so I just planned for finger foods and light snacks. I am beyond obsessed with mason jars and these Paper Straws from Target! I also did the same shooters that we did for Kaley's baby shower except I went for old fashioned banana pudding and left out the chocolate & coconut. They were a big hit just like last time, so cute & delicious! I am kind of a sucker for coordinating the food & details with my theme, cheesy I know but hey what can I say it makes me happy.
 
The cake was absolutely precious! My Aunt made it, she is just so incredibly talented it looked and tasted better than anything I would've ordered from any bakery! I made Megan & Blake each a brag book from CVS with pictures from Graduation and had the party guests write them messages on the backs of the pages, something sweet for them to keep!
you've gotta have some fun photo props
 
 I wanted the balloon release to symbolize them letting go of them go of one chapter of their lives & opening a new one! {I know cheese factor is out the roof but whatever it looks cute}
I am so proud of you two and I cannot wait to see what amazing things you have in store for your futures!
 

3 comments:

  1. AW! This is SO sweet!! Glad you two have each other!! The decorations look great!! Love the last picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry about your mother, she would be so proud of how you are celebrating your sister's life! Beautiful party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the balloon photo! What a great idea :)

    jennifer @ www.theladyandhertramps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete