Thursday, June 13, 2013

Party Animal!

Here lately I have come to love throwing parties! Now I am not talking about raging keggers or anything like that I am talking baby showers, birthday parties, graduation parties, bridal showers and random themed dinner parties with friends.
 
Last month I had a baby shower and a graduation party to throw in one weeks time! It was fun but incredibly stressful. The first one was a baby shower for my sister-in-law Kaley thrown by myself & my other sister-in-law Heather! I really hate the cheesy, over the top themed, horrible decorations baby showers so we tried to stay away from that kind of thing. So we went with a simple "Mommy To Bee" theme. Now this could have easily went cheesy with cut-out bumble bees and the "dirty diaper" game but again, totally not our style. We kept it simple by only incorporating the theme in the colors and types of food. Also, it really fit perfectly because the baby's name is Branson and Kaley calls him her "little baby B". So cute!
 
The Menu
Chicken Fingers w/ Honey Mustard
Mixed Fruit & Veggies w/ Honey Cinnamon Fruit Dip
Coconut Chocolate Chip Banana Pudding Shooters
Black & White Frosted Cupcakes
Favors: Candy Dipped Pretzels & Flavored Honey Sticks

 How stinking cute are those shooters & they were super delicious! Good job Heather!
 
Instead of the "dirty diaper" or "who can chug a bottle" game we did something more simple. Heather & I wrote the names of famous Moms on paper and taped them on peoples back and throughout the evening they had to ask questions to figure out whose name they had on their back. We also had bibs that guests could decorate for little Baby"B''.
 
The Great-Grandmothers making their onesies.
Me & my sissy's! Look at that big ol' bump!
Overall it was a great day! Celebrating the "Mommy to Bee" and my newest nephew
Branson who could be here any day now! I cannot wait to meet you Branson Todd Stephens!
 
 
 I was going to write about Megan's graduation party but this post ended up being longer than I expected so I will save that for tomorrow!
 
To Be Continued.....
 
 





 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. How cute! I love your bee theme! You did a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that theme! Very cute

    ReplyDelete