Friday, June 7, 2013

This Weekend!

Gosh my last two posts have been really long, maybe today I can keep it a little more light!
 
I love weekends! For us they are almost always busy busy busy but it's ok because I LOVE spending time with all of our family and friends. Tonight I am having dinner with my best friend from high school who is now dating one of Paul's best friends after we set them up a few months ago!
It has been forever since we did anything just by ourselves so it should be fun!
 
me & Sammy circa 2008
 
But tomorrow I get to do one of my FAVORITE things. My friend Lauren asked me to go wedding dress shopping with her! I absolutely love weddings and I had such a blast planning mine so I was honored when she asked me to tag along! Lauren & her fiancé Cody have quickly become two of our favorite people! We just love them they are just the sweetest couple and they are getting married one year from today! If you want to follow her wedding planning journey you can visit her blog at Peach State Of Mind!
 

 
these cuties!
 
When Lauren asked me to go with her it got me to thinking about the crazy experience I had trying on wedding dresses. I made the huge mistake of taking 10 people with me to my appointment even though I knew better. I had watched plenty episodes of  Say Yes To The Dress and that is one of the big no-no's they preach all the time. But I have a lot of people who care about me and I wanted to do one appointment with everyone just so they could have the experience. I did NOT want to buy a dress that day I wanted to shop around more and I told everyone including the consultant that. But long story short no one listened and I ended up leaving with a dress that I did not love. After months of trying to convince myself to love that dress I just couldn't do it. I ended up taking it back and getting a dress that I had picked out when I was 16 years old! Now don't get me wrong I loved my dress, I just wish I would've had the experience of trying on more dresses at different places.But at the end of the day I married my best friend, in a beautiful dress and it was the best day of my life!
this was one of the big NO's for me
 
 
 
& this was THE dress. Simple, sweet & comfy!
 
 
Happy weekend y'all!!
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Yay! We get to go wedding dress shopping tomorrow! I'm so excited to have you there!

    ReplyDelete