Thursday, June 6, 2013

Big Things!!

Big things are happening right now!! As I said before being a photographer is my dream. I always knew I loved taking pictures. I love capturing a moment, a memory that
can be looked back on for the rest of your life. It really became my passion when I lost my Mom. She didn't really take many pictures and she would try to dodge the camera if it was pointed at her. Therefore I only have a handful of pictures of her and I hate that! I think that is a huge reason that I feel the need to document every moment I can. Nothing makes me happier than hearing that shutter click when the toddler stuffs a handful or dirt in his mouth or when a groom is staring dreamily at his bride. Freezing those moments in time for people is my happiness. I know as long as that picture is there that moment will never be forgotten.
 
I unfortunately don't have any professional training or schooling so my confidence is still a little shaky. I have done a few different sessions; maternity, family and a couple weddings. But this past weekend was BIG! I had the opportunity to be the second shooter for a wedding with Valerie Shelton Photography! Valerie is incredibly talented. She was the second photographer for my wedding, she has done several shoots of me and Paul and we grew up together! So I was honored when she asked me to come along. It was hard, hard work; thirteen straight hours at two different locations shooting nonstop. But the couple and the experience was amazing and it reaffirmed that this was for sure what I want to do.
 
Then I got a call last night from someone asking me to be the primary photographer for a wedding in a couple weeks! HUGE HUGE HUGE I have done a wedding before but it was a small ceremony for a family friend so I knew she would be easy to work with and wouldn't tar & feather me if her pictures weren't perfect! But this is completely different and nerve-wracking, having a whole wedding for someone I don't know resting solely on MY shoulders. As if that wasn't enough if this wedding goes well it can lead to an every weekend gig at a business in my hometown (no pressure)! It is more of a touristy job but I need all the experience I can get!
 
I know I will be a nervous wreck but everyone starts somewhere! 

1 comment: