Friday, June 14, 2013

Five On Friday!

It's Friday y'all!!!!
As you know this is one of my favorite days and today is especially fun because I am doing my very first link up! I am linking up with Darci at The Good Life for her Five On Friday feature. I have never done anything like this but my friend Lauren over at Peach State Of Mind has done a couple so I figured I would give it a try!
 
Now to think of five things that are on my mind today...
 
 
One
 
I would be flat out lying if I said the thing that is weighing heaviest on my mind is the fact that I am shooting a wedding solo tomorrow! I am excited but incredibly nervous about this for many reasons. This opportunity came about very last minute when the bride's photographer cancelled last week. Yes I said last week, how crappy is that?!? So I have had very little time to prepare and the biggest thing is I haven't even met the couple. And it is not a huge deal but I just always like to meet the couple
so we are all familiar with each other on the big day. Also, I have only done one solo wedding so it is a lot of pressure! Y'all keep me in your prayers tonight!
 
Two
 
While we are on the subject of weddings & photography I might as well go ahead and mention this one! I have been working my tail off editing the pictures from the wedding I shot with Valerie Shelton Photography. These are mainly just for my portfolio but still, I am an extreme perfectionist when it comes to my photos. I don't even like to call myself a professional photographer at this point because I feel like I haven't quite earned that yet, I am a rookie in my eyes. But I must say for a rookie these pictures turned out pretty good!! This is just a sneak peek and it is really horrible quality because it is a picture of the pictures on my computer screen so please do not judge me! I know I should just wait and share the finished product because the quality of these are so bad with the blurred computer lines
but whatever I just can't wait! I will post them again when I finish editing this is just halfway through
the process!
 
 
Three
 
I am loving Summer! When it is not storming (ugh crazy GA weather) it is beautiful! Hot, but beautiful. I love the flowers, the bright colors, the sunshine and I love bringing all of those elements into my house to brighten things up!
This is my over the top colorful summer table! One of my coworkers brought me hydrangeas (which are one of my favorite flowers) from his yard and I was just so excited! Of course when I got home I put them straight into a mason jar because I am a southern girl and boy do we love our mason jars!
 
Four
 
I hate how we look in that middle picture but he just looks like a little toy!!
 
I am loving my baby Hank who may or may not have turned one year old this week! I know I sound like a horrible puppy Mommy but in my defense we got him from a classmate of a friend of mine that we never even met. So we pretty much had to estimate when his birthday was so we are pretty sure it is somewhere between June 12th & June 21st. What that means for him is he gets to celebrate for almost two weeks, one lucky dog if you ask me! He has got to eat real food for his birthday 3 nights this week! So happy (whenever) birthday my baby Hank!
 
Five
Last thing I am looking forward to is a night with friends & food! We are meeting up with our besties Cody & Lauren tonight at Cheddars. It is a yummy bar & grill with great food and a relaxing environment. Plus it is always fun with those two!
 
Have a good weekend y'all!!!

 
 
 
 


6 comments:

  1. Heck yeah you're meeting up with us tonight! Can't wait! My stomachs rumbling already :)

    I can't wait to see your final pictures! Those look great already!

    You're going to do great tomorrow! I know it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, that is AWESOME about the wedding tomorrow, I know you will do wonderfully. Sometimes a little stretch out of our comfort zone can be so exhilarating. I will be sending lots of good thoughts your way! Cheers to you saving the day for that poor bride!

    Have a great weekend, and thanks so much for linking up with us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! Just got your comment and I noticed that you are actually a no-reply comment blogger. The way you can tell yourself is if you go to your blogger profile and under contact if you don't see email that means you are a no-reply comment blogger. If you go to the link below, you will find some instructions on how to change that :) It's pretty easy!

    http://storyofmylifetheblog.blogspot.com/2013/05/a-rant-about-blogger-comments-are-you.html

    Hope that helps and if you have any questions let me know! My email is bowen106@gmail.com!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for taking the time to help! Love your blog!

      Delete
  4. Thanks girl! And You're welcome :)

    ReplyDelete