Monday, January 20, 2014

Registry Questions: {Help Me Momma's!}

Calling all Momma's!!! I need some serious help. After a trip to the always overwhelming Babies R Us this weekend, I was left with some serious anxiety. I have no idea where to even start with this whole registering thing so I need y'alls help!
 

1} Travel Systems: Honestly there are more options for toting your little tike than there are shoes in my closet. My eyes are literally burning from reading so many safety features and "Top" lists. The bad thing is there is no real consistency between all of them. There is no one brand or seat that dominates the others which I really don't understand. Of course safety is our top priority but I also want a carrier that is light enough for me to carry and a stroller that is not overly bulky. Here are a couple I have found, please feel free to give your honest opinion.
Graco Air3 Click Connect
I really like the jogger style and I have heard great things about Graco but the carrier doesn't look all that comfy.
This one is the front runner for us right now. I love the look of it plus it has very high ratings. Do any of you Mom's prefer the jogger style to the traditional? Also is there any preference over the handle style? I have seen several but am not sure if one is easier to carry than the other.
 
2} The MamaRoo: Alright ladies lets have it, is it worth the hype?
 
3} Breast Pumps: I know not cute but we have to get down to the nitty gritty. I have heard several conflicting opinions. Did you prefer manual or electric?
 
4} Gliders: I have always loved gliders. My Nanny has one in the living room that she has rocked all of us grandkids in and it is always something I have looked forward to. Hers is the classic like this one..
 
But then we sat in this bad boy and I almost fell asleep right there in the store..
But this one is verrryyy pricey so I am not sure about it.
 
5} Monitors: The hubs about lost his mind when he saw video monitors and now he is all for them. What do y'all think? Will I drive myself crazy with a video monitor or are they a good investment?
6} Clothes: Do you put baby clothes on the registry?
 
7} Baby Carriers: I know there are all kinds of tips out there about baby carriers and their affect on baby's hips so I am not sure which way is up with these or if they are even necessary. So did you use one? Did you  like it? Did you prefer wraps or the backpack looking things?
 
8} Diapers: I know you need as many as possible but do you put these on the registry?
 
Gosh this is literally so overwhelming. I would appreciate any advice you have to give. What were your registry must-haves?
 
 
 
 

13 comments:

  1. Not like I'm a mommy or anything...but I've heard that you can register for diapers, but only stock up on one or two packs of the newborn diapers because they grow so fast at first, and sometimes they don't even fit at first depending on the size of your baby. (which you'll have a better idea of the closer you get!) But I'm sure people will donate diapers whether you register for them or not.

    Also - Little Baby Garvin is doing a giveaway with RockaRoo! If you got a free one, you won't have to worry about the hype! :) It'll be free!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I definitely entered that lol. Maybe I will win it!

      Delete
  2. Lived my momAroo!!!!! Worth it! And my favorite carrier was the ergo! Hope this helps!!!

    wordsaboutwaverly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do not put diapers on the registry. You will get tons and tons. Also, don't stock up on newborn diapers, as you will most likely only need one pack of that size before you bump up to size 1. Spend the extra and go with a jogging stroller system. Trust me on this one. We went with a standard graco set, and switched to a jogging stroller a year in. You don't realize how easy a jogging stroller is compared to the original 4 wheeled strollers, plus they are lighter! We never had a video monitor, but if we got pregnant again, personally I would make the splurge and buy one. Get the glider, enough said! I received two different carriers and never used them, not once. MamaRoo wasn't around when Cadence was born, but I assure you the standard swing at less than half the cost put her right to sleep :) ..email me if you have more questions :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Definitely a lot of help and I am sure I will have a lot more questions to ask you in the next few months!

      Delete
  4. our glider is similar to the second one you posted and we love it! WAY comfier!! As far as baby clothes on the registry... go ahead and do it! At the end of the day, people are going to pick out the clothes THEY want to see your babe in :P but maybe you'll get lucky and someone will stick to the clothes on the list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've nominated you for the Liebster Award! Congratulations, love the blog!

    Check out the details on my post:
    http://viewfromthecornfieldsblog.blogspot.com/2014/01/liebster-awardsay-what.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh you are beautiful. I almost didnt want to come visit because of how intimidating your Google picture is - too hot fo me. Congrats on your pregnancy! Babies are such a magical adventure, I hear, baby-sober still. Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, thank you! But please don't be intimidated, professional pictures make everybody look great lol. Thank you so much we are so excited! Nice to meet you and so glad you stopped by!

      Delete