Friday, January 17, 2014

Friday Rambling...




I know, I know, I suck as a blogger. This whole blogging {maybe} once a week thing is terrible but y'all I feel like I barely have time to tie my shoes much less sit down and blog. I certainly didn't have it together enough to think up a fun Five on Friday post so today you're getting a little outburst of all the randomness (good & bad) that is floating around in my head. So I am sorry if there is some whiny moments in here but sometimes a girl just needs to ramble..

A little throwback to our V-day photoshoot last year. It is crazy to think that next month will be our last Valentines Day as a family of 2!
You know how I said I really don't have it together right now?? Proof of that is that my Christmas wreath is still on my front porch, there is a whole stack of present boxes sitting in my living room that need to be burned and the stack of Christmas cards I found that had slid between my seats and missed my trip to the post office are still sitting in my dash. Responsibility for the win...

~

On a positive note I have started feeling Miss Nora Leigh move!!! At first there was a little poke, then a little roll and now its just like a little bigger roll! It is honestly the most amazing  thing I have ever experienced! Funny story, the other day I was laying on the couch with my head in Paul's lap & started to doze off. All of a sudden I felt that poke and about jumped right off the couch it scared me so bad! Then I just couldn't stop laughing! I can't wait until Paul can feel her too!

~

I have been blessed with a very easy pregnancy so far but this week has seriously been a B! I know it is just my belly growing but the muscle pains have been almost unbearable. I have had some pretty bad pain on my lower right side under my stomach (close to my hip bone area) and I am really trying to figure out if it is normal or something I need to be concerned about. It is making sleep just about impossible, the only way I can sleep comfortably is if the Hubby holds my stomach. I really need to invest in a pregnancy pillow.

~

Speaking of sleep.. Even though I am not getting a lot of good sleep I am getting in some pretty decent naps. I literally fall asleep all the time. Sitting on the couch, in the car, at the dinner table (okay that only happened once), pretty much anytime I am still I am going to fall asleep. Which is another reason nothing is getting done around my house. You know I am tired when I pass up a trip to Target because I just want to go lay down..

~

We say every weekend we are going to start on Nora's room. The bad thing about it is, we have no clue where to start. We have two spare bedrooms, Paul's best friend is staying with us in one of them and the other is our storage room aka soon to be nursery. So we are in the process of figuring out what to do with all of the stuff  that is piled up in her room and most of it isn't stuff to be thrown away so we are pretty lost. Maybe this weekend we can just dive in and get it over with!

~

I have a cold again. The last one took me over a month to get rid of so..yay me!

~

Every Sunday I go to my Mamaw's house after church. Usually my sister and grandparents come too and we bring her lunch but this Sunday my sister was with her boyfriend & my grandparents are in New Mexico with FEMA so it was just me. I have to say it was really a great day. Me and Mamaw had a great day with great conversation. We talked about family, The Bible, my Mom, my Papaw and baby Nora {who is named after my Mamaw}. It was such a great day, I cherish every moment I get to spend with her!

~

You know how I mentioned this week had been a B as far as pregnancy goes. Well, I haven't really had much sickness but every single morning when I brush my teeth I start dry heaving. It's to the point where I actually start having stomach acid come up. No matter how gently I brush my teeth, the amount of toothpaste I use or how far back I brush this happens. I am not telling y'all this to gross you out I am hoping that one of you Mama's out there have experienced this and can give me some advice.

~
There is a guy in my office who has started counting the number of times I got to the bathroom each day because I have to pass his desk to get there. Even though the bathroom is not the only place to go in that part of the office, every time I walk up there he goes, 1..2... and he is honestly about to get punched in the face. You shouldn't keep track of a woman's bathroom habits in the first place {freak} especially a pregnant woman's.
~

If anyone was wondering why I haven't did a Bumpdate lately or even a measly picture on IG it is because of my HAIR. I am in desperate need of a cut. Straightened it about reaches my butt and curly it is just a big ol mess of curls everywhere. I can not stand it right now, which is why it is always thrown in a messy bun. I think the prenatals gave it a serious growth spurt.

~

One thing I have made time for lately is reading my Bible. I have never actually sat down and read it all the way through so that is something I am trying to accomplish. Even though I know my Bible pretty well, all it takes is a little bit of reading to make you feel like a big ol dummy. I swear I need a childrens bible and dictionary just to make it through. But I am learning a lot and really hope I can keep it up.
I love going to bed a few minutes before the Hubs and ending my day snuggled in my new comfy sheets, candles lit and reading His word. Very relaxing!

Well this ramble turned into quite the lengthy post but if feels good to have some randomness off my chest. Kudos to you if you actually took the time to read all this nonsense. And sorry if I sound super whiny, I promise I am not typically a complainer because I am truly blessed with the life I live. Y'all have a good weekend!
 

10 comments:

  1. The pregnancy pillow saved my life! Seriously. I carried Savanna so low almost the entire time and she was always sitting on my nerves and I had constant back pain. You think still having up the Christmas wreath is bad? Mine is still up from fall and the Christmas lights are still up outside. Walk inside and it's Valentine's Day. I'm sure people are confused as hell when they come over!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am carrying very low, when I feel her move its like under my belly button so maybe that explains all the pain because it is in my back too. That second part made me laugh so hard, I feel the same way about my house but I am glad I am not the only one!

      Delete
  2. Not whining, just venting :) Very normal and healthy!
    So sorry the pregnancy symptoms have seemed to pile on at once. I never invested in a pregnancy pillow but I've already told myself I will for the next time around. Comfort is HUGE!
    Hope this weekend is restful and productive for you. And if it's not, there's always next weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you! I know it could be worse so I will be okay! Yeah I really think I will have to get one, I have heard they are life changing.

      Delete
  3. Once you start feeling them inside, shiznit gets real! So happy that you're finally feeling her. I too was tired and fell asleep all the time. As far as the pain goes, it's true what they say about safe and sorry. I assure you, you're not the first person to call your OB when it could be nothing. I called them atleast once a week with something new when I was preggers. It'll put your mind at ease... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does, I didn't really feel pregnant til now! That makes me feel better I didn't want to sound like a hypochondriac but if it doesn't stop I am going to call them!

      Delete
  4. I can't wait to see what you decide to do for the nursery! And your hair is gorgeoussss- take a bump picture!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait til I decide either lol. Thank you! I will this week!

      Delete
  5. You are so cute!! Just pull your hair up and give us a bump date ;) I'm kind of jealous... I wanted my hair to grow faster when I was pregnant but NOPE!
    I LOVE her name! Soooo cute! And feeling movement is the best. I was just thinking the other day that I kiiiiinda miss that! But not enough to get pregnant again, yet. Ha ha!
    And even if you have an easier pregnancy, the pains of growing a baby are very real! Don't feel bad for having a bad week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Mine has always grown fast but it's like it's on crack now lol. She is veryyyy active, I can't wait til my husband can feel her. And thank you for the encouragement, definitely makes it easier knowing I am not the only one!

      Delete