Friday, January 3, 2014

Five On Friday: Currently Loving..

Hey y'all! Happy first Friday of 2014! I hope it is treating you wonderfully. I know one thing, it is FREEZING here in the good ol peach state! I know you Northerners who are several feet deep in snow are laughing at me right now but we Southerners prefer a winter where we can just throw on a hoodie and go about our day {at least this Southerner does}. So needless to say waking up to 18 degrees this morning had me wanting to wave my white flag and stay in bed. However my bank account said "get your butt up and go to work!". So here I am once again, throwing together a quick 5 on Friday from my work desk.
 
In the midst of all the New Years recaps and resolutions I thought I would go a different direction and share 5 things I am loving right now. Mostly products I have bought/received with a little diy thrown in the mix.
 
1} We will go ahead and get the diy out of the way. I have had a love for chicken wire since about 7 years ago when my cousin built a house and instead of solid cabinet doors she replaced the wood it the middle with chicken wire. I thought that was the coolest thing and said if I ever built my own house i would do that to my cabinets. Since then I have seen many projects done with chicken wire and decided to do one of my own. So I found an old mirror at a yard sale and turned it into this..
 
Right now it is being used to display our Christmas cards but it will be changed up regularly! I plan to go back and distress it a little more and once it is completely finished I will do a tutorial!
 
2} I received this bubble bath/body wash for Christmas and it is ahhhhmaazing! I took a bath the other night using this and almost fell asleep I was so relaxed. The smell is amazing, you feel like your bathroom is transformed into a spa. I even love it as my daily body wash which means I will have to really stock up because it is going fast!
 
3} I know everybody and their brother sister are talking about this but I had to jump in with my two cents. My sweet hubby was apparently listening to a conversation I had with my sister because I certainly never said anything to him about wanting this. I am not really a penny pincher but I kind of refuse to spend a ton of money on makeup, it's just not my style. So when I pulled this beauty out of my stocking I was super surprised and excited. The difference in quality between high end and drugstore is definitely noticeable. So I have watched a few YouTube tutorials and am ready to get a little fancy with my pretty new eye shadow!
4} I got one of these as a gift at our Gender Reveal Party. If you ask me Hallmark is pretty genius or at least their marketing department is. Judging by a lot of their products that I have seen lately, they are capitalizing on Pinterest fads. For all of us less than creative people, this stuff rocks! In this kit you have a card for an announcement, weekly updates and even a few for when the baby is born! On the back of each card there are questions that you answer about how you've been feeling and what you're looking forward to. And when you take your picture and fill out your card you stick it in the included photo album! So pretty much it is a bumpdate in a box!
 
 
5} This is another baby product that I have been swooning over since before I was pregnant. Obviously I am obsessed with pictures and journaling as a way to preserve memories {hence the blog} but unfortunately my blog won't always be around. So I knew I wanted an awesome baby book to keep up with my pregnancy and Miss Nora's life once she gets here. This brings me to The Sweet Rhino Etsy shop. She makes the most beautiful, custom baby books that are simply to die for. I love that there are pages to write about your pregnancy journey that your sweet Little can look back on one day. The shop owner J'aime is so incredibly sweet and easy to work with. She has emailed back and forth with me to help me create exactly what I want and she is always very prompt. I cannot wait to get my book and start writing all about Miss Nora Leigh!
 
 
Well that is it for my Five! I hope y'all have a fabulous weekend!!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

18 comments:

  1. Love that mirror. What a great idea! I have something similar I made using an old picture frame:) That stress relief body wash is totally amazing and refreshing. I bought some for my MIL for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Yes, I am dying to leave work and go soak in a bath lol.

      Delete
  2. New to your blog! I could've written the blurb about the Naked palette myself. Everyone is talking about it, which piqued my interest, but like you, I refuse to spend a lot on makeup and didn't understand the hype. Hmmmm. Maybe I "need" this. ;) Congrats on your pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there! Thanks for stopping by! While I am still kicking my husband for spending that much money on eye shadow, I really do love it and would definitely recommend splurging a little on yourself for it! Thank you!!

      Delete
  3. We have a chicken wire frame that I hang everything on. From Wedding invitations to baby announcements. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need you to help me make one of those chicken wire things!! I think they're cute! And I'm completely in love with that book! Miss Nora will love it one day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure will, it is a little tedious but easy! Thanks!! Wait til you see the custom one it is so cute, I picked the fabric today!

      Delete
  5. I don't care what Northerns say, it's freezing outside!! Love Naked3... it will be a purchase soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had planned on making a frame like that, just haven't gotten around to it! Ha! Love that kitchen cabinet idea!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah this took me forever to actually do! Nothing like knowing you will have a house full of people to give you a little motivation!

      Delete
  7. well aren't you a sweet little pregnant lady :) i'm 34 weeks pregnant so i wish you all the luck! found your blog from the link up and i can't wait to read more about you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you! Congratulations! Thanks for stopping by & I will have to go over to your blog,maybe you can give me some tips!

      Delete
  8. Just found your blog, so sweet! Congrats on your pregnancy!

    I haven't tried Naked 3 yet, I can't justify it until I'm done with the original Naked palette, but it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is such a cute picture of your little pregnant belly. I hope I look that cute when I go down the road to mommyhood! I don't know if you have ever been nominated before. But I nominated you for the Liebster Award! If you want to check it out, info is on my blog tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so cheap about my makeup as well!! Do you like the Naked Palette?? Is it truly worth the 50 dollars!?

    ReplyDelete