Friday, November 8, 2013

Five On Friday!

Ooo Friday you have never looked so good! After a long week of being sick I am ready for a relaxing weekend and hopefully kicking this cold to the curb. Linking up today as usual for Five On Friday!
 
1} First and foremost I was to say Thank You so much to everyone who congratulated us on our big news! We are so excited and I love being able to share this journey with all of y'all!
and in case you missed it we are expecting!!
 
2} Speaking of babies, this week was would have been my Mom's 43 birthday and my Nanny posted this picture of her to Facebook. I have said before that there are very few pictures of my childhood, well there are even fewer of my Mom so I was shocked when I had never seen this picture. Then it dawned on me, I have never seen a picture of her as a baby until now! It was striking to me how alike we looked as babies! Her face was a little fuller but I bet if I would've been full term mine would have been too. And the funny thing is my sister looks the exact same too I just don't have a picture of her on my computer. (my Mom actually had to go back and write on all our baby pictures so we could tell who was who)
Mom on the left, me on the right.
 
3} Did y'all watch the CMA's? I know several people have done a full recap so I won't do that but can I just say it was amazing!! My girls Lennon & Maisy singing to T-Swift and Maisy running up to hug her and forgetting to say what she was supposed to, too stinking cute! I am by no means a Taylor Swift fan but I am a huge Alison Krauss & Vince Gill fan so the stripped down version of "Red" was pretty cool. Of course Brad & Carrie were hilarious. But in my opinion this was the best part of the night, I straight up baby cried. It didn't help that this was two of my favorite artists singing one of my all time favorite songs that I remember singing as a little girl in my Papa's truck. At the very end where they showed Nancy Jones with tears running down her face, ugh got me right in the heart!


4} And I am pretty sure everyone will agree with me that it is time for Tim & Faith's title as King & Queen of country music to be reassigned to these two.


They are perfection!
 
5} Continuing on the music theme, are y'all watching The Voice? This is Jacqui Lee from Team Christina and she is insane especially for only being 16!!

 
 Y'all have a great weekend!!

 
 
 


14 comments:

  1. That is a precious annoucement -- congratulations!!

    Blake and Miranda are pure perfection. I could gush about them ALL day. I love them both individually and together oh so much and they are legit perfect. Their relationship makes me SMILE so much! Love that he tweeted "My wife is so hot!" that night :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Me too, they rock! I know that was so sweet!!! Have a good weekend!

      Delete
  2. YESS! i was thinking the EXACT SAME THING about the king and queen of country music as i watched their little kisses! love them. love me some country! wrote about the CMAS in my friday 5 today too! great minds.. ;)
    happiest friday, beauty!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and your mother are so similar looking as babies (I think its the mouth and cheeks!). To be honest, I would have believed it if someone had told me those pics were of the same baby. & Congrats on expecting!

    jess | Quaintrelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! It means a lot to hear I resemble her in anyway!

      Delete
  4. Congratulations! Your announcement picture is so cute!

    Stopping by from the link up!
    Ashley : http://msabish15.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blake & Miranda are seriously so great! It was precious watching him sing along to her performance :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi- Stopping by from the 5 on Friday link-up! :) Carrie and Brad were hilarious on the CMA's! I also really liked Taylor's performance of Red. Congrats on your new bundle of joy!

    ReplyDelete