Thursday, November 7, 2013

5/6 & 7 Week Bumpdate!

I have been writing these "bumpdate" posts and just saving them in my drafts. Idk if anyone will really be interested in these but they are more for my memory anyway! Here is a catch-up of the first few weeks!
 
How far along: 6 weeks! We just got our pregnancy "confirmed" even though after 6 home pregnancy tests I was pretty positive there was a little in there! (We thought we were 6 weeks when we found out but turns out we were only 5. So this is a combo of the two weeks)
Baby Size: A itty bitty sweet pea!

Weight gain: None that I know of maybe a pound or two. I just feel bloated all the time.  

Maternity clothes: None yet but my smaller pants are feeling a little snug.

Stretch marks: Well unfortunately I have a couple pre-existing stretch marks on my hips from my post wedding weight gain but no new ones yet. Although it seems inevitable :(

Sleep: For about 2 weeks now I have been waking up around 4 a.m. to use the bathroom and to gulp down about a gallon of water. Very very thirsty.

Best moment this week: Telling a few members of our close family! I know we technically shouldn't have told anyone yet but we had to! And having our announcment pictures taken!

Looking forward to: The end of the first trimester when we can tell EVERYONE!

What I miss: Sleep! But I know I have to get used to that!

Movement: Not yet...

Food cravings: Honestly nothing really. I am pretty much having to force myself to eat.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Any kind of meat! Especially chicken. The hubs and I were making some buffalo chicken dip to take to Cody & Lauren's house and when I was fixing the chicken I about lost it!

Gender: No idea really. I can't shake the feeling that it is a girl but that could be because everyone in our families wants a girl. I know everyone says this but I just want to have a happy, healthy baby!

Labor Signs: Definitely not!

Symptoms: Lots of trips to the bathroom, a few touches of nausea and mood swings. I had a full on meltdown when I dropped my camera and my husband was running late. I mean crazy crying, it was insane. (Sorry babe!)

Belly Button in or out? In

Wedding rings on or off? On

Mood: Exhausted but happy!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How far along: 7 Weeks  

Baby Size: Baby Stephens is the size of a blueberry!
Gender: Chinese gender chart & ring test say girl. No strong feelings yet either way but we will be happy either way!

Weight gain: 3 lbs. total. 
 
 
Maternity clothes: None yet but I did buy a belly band to go over the button of a few of my jeans that I can't button comfortably anymore. Yoga pants are my best friends right now.
 
 
Stretch marks: Only the preexisting ones :/
 
 
Belly button in or out: In
 
 
Sleep: Ooh that would be nice! I wake up twice to use the bathroom usually about 2 & 4:30 a.m.. I don't think this is really baby yet just a result of all the water I am drinking.

Best moment this week: Telling Paul's grandparents. We drove out to their house to tell them and after the squeals and hugs his Grandma squealed, "Go get them the thing!" They had bought us a stroller a few weeks back because they "had a feeling" this was coming. How sweet is that?!

Worst moment this week: Waking up (for the second time) at 4 a.m. to go to the bathroom and stepping in a pile of dog poop. Apparently Hank was not feeling well and left me a present beside my bed. Yuck!

Miss anything: Turkey subs!

Movement: Nope!

Cravings: None whatsoever. I don't want anything at all but I still make myself eat because I know my little needs it.
 
Queasy or sick: Goodness gracious this is the worst it has been. Eating, not eating, riding in the car, smelling onions, smelling meat, brushing my teeth. Pretty much I am constantly nauseated here lately. Hoping that passes soon!
 
Looking forward to: Hopefully hearing the heartbeat at our appointment Monday!

Mood: Still exhausted but happy!!

3 comments:

  1. I always enjoy reading these! Also, sweetest thing ever getting that stroller! :) I'm so happy for you all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! At least I know one person will read them lol

      Delete
  2. random: your hair is so pretty!!
    and I'm so excited for you! definitely keep us updated! weeeeeeeee

    ReplyDelete