Thursday, November 7, 2013

8 Week Bumpdate!!

This will be my last catch up post, I wrote this one last week after our Dr. appointment this week and I will start the weekly update this week.
How far along: 8 Weeks & 2 days!

Baby Size: Baby Stephens is the size of a raspberry!
We actually went to the doctor yesterday and our Little is measuring 1.34 inches! The doctor said that is absolutely perfect and even though it is early we both look so healthy he believes we are 95%+ in the clear so we can go ahead and announce it!  
 
Gender: Still no strong feelings either way! I am just so excited for when we can find out!
Weight gain: Actually lost 1 pound when the nurse weighed me yesterday. So that is 3 lbs. up from my pre pregnancy weight.
 
Maternity clothes: My belly band turned out to be kind of a bust maybe once I get more of a belly it will work better. I actually can't stop wearing my Old Navy Active pants. I can't find them on the website but I wear them as leggings. They are thicker than normal leggings, still have a skinny leg but also have a control top! They are amazing!  
Stretch marks: Only the preexisting ones :/
Belly button in or out: In
Sleep: Still waking up at 2 & 4 a.m. to pee! Having a hard time getting comfortable and staying asleep. Although I am constantly exhausted and got to bed no later than 9-10 p.m. which is crazy early for me!
Best moment this week: Hands down hearing/seeing the heartbeat yesterday! It was the most magical moment of my life!
Worst moment this week: I have caught a nasty sinus cold! Sore throat, throbbing sinuses and ever worse exhaustion. First trimesters & colds do not go together!
Miss anything: Still missing sub sandwiches! Also missing my energy I have been such a slack blogger, photographer, editor, friend & wife because I am SO exhausted!! They say that gets better though. Fingers crossed!  
Movement: No kicks or anything but seeing that heartbeat flutter was enough movement for me!!
Cravings: Still at the stage where nothing is appealing. I eat because I have to for my little! Although my Granny did make me her famous chicken casserole this weekend and it was amazing, the first thing that has went down without any nausea! I do notice I am leaning a lot more towards veggies, meat is still grossing me out.
 
Queasy or sick: No queasiness, just the "cold" sickness.
 
Looking forward to: Everyone's reactions!!

Mood: Sick & exhausted

Doctors Appointments: I am going to be adding this category because I want to remember every possible detail.

After a big insurance mix-up/disaster at my {supposed to be} first appointment {at my regular lady doctor} we decided to make a switch to another OB/GYN group. Honestly, one of the best decisions I have ever made! At my old doctor I was treated like a number. We walked in to our new office for our first appointment yesterday (11-4-13) and immediately I liked it. It was a lot warmer, smaller and welcoming than my previous place. After a short wait I was called back for the required preliminary pee test, blood pressure check and all that good stuff then we went to another waiting room. After a few more minutes we were taken to our Doctor's private office. A million things flew through my mind, something is wrong with me, I am not really pregnant, what is going on? After I calmed down and looked around the office and noticed our Doctor was an Army Doctor, UGA (among many other) graduate/fan (GO DAWGS!), a Christian (bible verses everywhere) and a family man (there was hardly any space for all the pictures!). I knew right away that this was the perfect fit for us! When the Doctor came in and started to ask questions getting to know us I was blown away, I had no idea there were still doctors who valued their patients like that anymore. He wanted to address all of our questions/concerns and get to know us a little before we even started the examination! He thoroughly addressed my concerns with my Mom's condition and assured me that even though there was no need to worry that for his & my peace of mind he would do certain tests in the third trimester and monitor my heart. I can not even tell you the weight that was lifted off my shoulders at that moment. I am thankful that he took us into his office beforehand because how awkward is it talking to someone with your feet in the stirrups. Needless to say once we started all the examinations I was completely at ease. After the initial prenatal work up I was sent to another waiting room to wait for our ultrasound! I was still nervous up to this point, preparing myself for the possibility that there wouldn't be a heartbeat but the moment she rubbed that little wand on my belly was the moment my life changed forever! All I saw was that little flicker on the screen and the tears were a rolling! Then when she turned the sound on and I heard that precious little heartbeat the flood gates opened! I have never felt such joy and relief! Then the Doctor came back in to take a luck and told us everything was absolutely PERFECT! That I was perfectly healthy the baby was measuring perfectly and that he normally wouldn't say this but we were doing so good that we were around 95%+ in the clear to go ahead and start telling people! Talk about ecstatic! All in all I couldn't have been more pleased with our appointment, I really feel like I am in the right place at this practice.

3 comments:

  1. So glad you got everything figured out with insurance and are now able to relax! It's only going to keep getting better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a relief.. healthy baby & a perfect fit new doctor. Sounds like you're on the right track! :)

    ReplyDelete