Monday, August 18, 2014

Nora's One Month Pictures at Fawn Over Baby {featured}

 
{to skip the blabbing and just see the pictures click here}
 
I know, I know this is my second post in a row of a baby photoshoot. But really, what did you expect? I am positive this little girl will have more photoshoots in her first year than most have in their lives! While I love love love her glitzy newborn pictures, I also wanted some more natural photos taken outside. Of course I got my dear friend Valerie of Valerie Shelton Photography to take them. Valerie is incredibly talented and has the patience of a saint. She has taken pictures of Paul & I for almost 3 years not and will always be our choice for family pictures here on out. This photoshoot actually has a pretty funny story behind it. Our intention was to do these pictures one evening but when I got to my Mamaw's house (where we were taking the pictures) to meet Valerie, Miss Nora decided there was no way she was going to sleep for pictures. We tried and tried but this girl was not having it. So after 2 hours we decided to close up shop and try again the next day. While it was an unexpected hiccup (par the course with a newborn) I am actually very thankful for it because Valerie did capture some stunning wide eyed pictures of my sweet girl! The next day went much smoother with Nora sleeping like a champ! They ended up being so much fun, we used my cousins old truck, a baby doll bed and even my wedding veil as a canopy!
 
 These pictures will always be very special to me. They were taken at my Mamaw's house who is Nora's Great-great Grandmother and the person she is named after! I have mentioned several times how important my Mamaw is to me and how special her house has been in my life. So getting to spend these two days watching her with my daughter meant the world. She sat on the porch, watching and laughing at Valerie & I trying to get Nora to cooperate and every now and then would tell us just to leave her alone that she just wanted to come hang out with Mamaw! I am so blessed to still have my Mamaw & my grandparents on my Mom's side and I hope they stick around for a long long time for me to share them with Nora!
 
 
If you have been a reader for a while you know that our maternity session (also done by Valerie) was featured on the adorable Fawn Over Baby blog a few months ago. During our emails back and forth Melissa told me to send her updated pictures when Nora decided to make her arrival. Well today she is featuring our full one month session! To see the rest of this amazing shoot head on over to Fawn Over Baby!
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment