Thursday, December 10, 2015

Come On Baby Harper!

I know there is hardly anyone left that reads this blog but seeing as how Lauren and I started the blogging journey together (kudos to her for still going strong) it seemed only fitting to write this here.
 
If you would've told me that the couple who showed up at my house for a birthday party three years ago would end up being the very best friends we have ever  had, I would not have believed you but that's exactly what happened. From the very first night, we hit it off like we had known each other for years and since then Lauren & Cody have become more than just friends, they are our family. In this short time I have got to watch Lauren go from fiancé to wife and now mother. The tears are welling up in my eyes because I know in a few short hours as soon Cody and Lauren lay eyes on that beautiful baby girl they will  know what true unconditional love is.

  Over the past year and a half, watching Lala & Coco (as Nora calls them) with my daughter I have gotten a glimpse of the amazing parents they are destined to be. Lauren loves so unconditionally and always thinks of others before herself. She has made me feel like we were family since the day I met her. She will be the most amazing mother. And Cody is one of the most passionate people I have ever met. He just thinks Nora has him wrapped around her finger, he has no idea what is coming! I can not wait to watch them go through the amazing journey of parenthood! 

     Little Miss Harper, we are absolutely ecstatic to meet you! You have a whole army of people so ready to love you, us included! We will always be here for you no matter what and we already love you so so much! Your fiery little bestie Nora is so excited about her "Harpie" she will probably be a little rough at first and maybe even jealous. But I have a feeling she will be very protective of you and teach you all kinds of fun things! Come on sweet girl, we are ready for you! 

Whoever is reading this, join me in saying a prayer for a safe delivery and a healthy momma & baby!! Congratulations Collins family, today your family grows by two feet and your hearts by a million! 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for the two of them and for all of you to have another little one to add to your "family"! Having friends that turn in to family is truly the best thing ever! Thinking of them and saying lots of prayers for them today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, how sweet. From the outside looking in, they do seem like a fun loving couple. I'm excited to watch Miss Harper grow. She's so cute!

    Kaitlyn @ Kaitlyn-Danielle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete